27-The Worst

"Cause I usually do, stick to the businessBut you came out the blueAnd then you just flipped itGod damn baby, my mind's blownI don't need you, I don't need you, I don't need you, I don't need youI still want youI don't mean to, I don't mean to, I ...

But you came out the blue
And then you just flipped it
God damn baby, my mind's blown
I don't need you, I don't need you, I don't need you, I don't need you
I still want you
I don't mean to, I don't mean to, I don't mean to, I don't mean to
But I, but I love you"
The Worst-Jhené Aiko

Jeongguk never liked to think before he did things.

Maybe that's why he decided it would be a good idea to visit Celine's mom.

There were missing pieces to the puzzle. Why did his parents have to pay off hers? And why had they let it happen?

And why did Celine end up with no family?

None of it truly made sense to him.

He needed answers, ones that only certain people could give him.

The man was unusually nervous, compared to his suave personality. He refused to accept the reason why he felt so sick and scared right at the moment.

He wouldn't let himself think of the words.

"Hi, I'm here to speak with Kim Bae Song." He shakily asked a receptionist, tapping his hand rapidly on the desk.

He'd made his way to the 10th floor of the office building in no time. He wasn't even sure if she was going to be there, but he had to try.

The young woman looked up, ready to shoo him away when her eyes widened. She was pretty, but seemed like the stuck up type.

"Name please?" She questioned, returning to a normal blank stare. But he could tell. The girl recognized him. Who wouldn't in the city? When he basically owned half of it.

"Jeon Jeongguk." The man said cockily. Or at least tried to. The charisma he held was taking a beating, from the sick feeling in his stomach and the rapid beating of his heart.

Her smile was satisfied, as she had the pleasure to deny him.

"I'm sorry sir, I'm going to have to ask you-"

"No, it's fine. Tell everyone my appointments are canceled for the afternoon." A voice said, coming closer to the pair.

Jeongguk, looked up, eyes wide as the voice interrupted them.

The man's heart stopped. The woman looked exactly like Celine, but a little older. Same eyes, same nose, and same mouth. He knew of the Kim's, but before he had figured they were to busy to officially meet their daughters boyfriend.

And now he knew why.

The receptionist let out a scoff, rolling her eyes at the younger man next to her. Jeongguk didn't pay attention, his whole body facing the older woman that was like looking at the future. He felt frozen in place, finally seeing the human behind the name.