49) If Life Had Turned Out Differently

"We lay here for years or for hours
Thrown here or found
To freeze or to thaw
So long we become the flowers
Two corpses we were"
In a Week - Hozier

"We lay here for years or for hoursThrown here or foundTo freeze or to thawSo long we become the flowersTwo corpses we were"In a Week - Hozier

A little chapter showing what life would've been like if Mia would've lived

This is a long chapter lol be prepared. The writing corresponds with Celine's age.
🕊
••••••••••••••

16th Birthday
'First Meeting'

It was a rainy day. Like any other.

The only difference being it was her sixteenth birthday. She had woken up smiling, a note left on her dresser.

'Happy birthday baby girl!
Me and your father are doing some last minute birthday shopping. Eat the brown sugar &blueberry pancakes I made for you. Have fun with Mia until then.
Love you,
Mom'

She let out a squeal, hopping around her room as she got ready for the day. Her parents were the best at making her feel special.

And even better, it was her favorite weather. Some people might've hated having a birthday when it was rainy and wet outside.

But Celine loved when the sky was gray.

Still, left her feeling unsure of what to do until the festivities started. Since her parents were out, and her brother probably hanging out with his girl friend. She tried face-timing her friends, but no one answered.

She checked the rest of her messages, scrolling through a couple random happy birthdays from people from school.

But none from her boyfriend.

The girl turned her head to the side, barely feeling disappointed. Was that a bad sign that she didn't care? He should've definitely sent at least a balloon.

It was what she deserved.

Forgetting instantly, she walked around her large house, reminiscing in old times. Listening to the soft droplets of water hit the shallow roof. Thinking of how when she was younger, she used to run around the halls and stomp as loud as oncoming thunder. 

She was about to go into the kitchen to start chowing down on pancakes when she realized she hadn't seen her sister yet.

Luckily the door was open to Mia's room. Since she was the oldest, she got the largest room downstairs. Celine was okay with that though, considering the entire basement was turned into a ballet studio for herself.