20-Narcissus

"Oh you are a narcissistYou think I want a part in thisAnd I don't care if you made my bodyYou think you own it

You think I want a part in this
And I don't care if you made my body
You think you own it. Wrongly"
Paris Paloma - Narcissus

Previously titled "while we're young"
*********

Celine hadn't seen Jimin in a week.

She was able to keep track, because the last time they saw each other they got ice cream. And then the day after he called about her being in the art show.

But they talked everyday since.

"Why're you giggling.?"Jeongguk would ask, when his girlfriend would sit 10 feet away from him but blissfully ignore his existence.

Celine would pause, a light touch applied to her phone screen. She hadn't even noticed that she was laughing until he said something.

"Something funny, on Instagram." The girl replied, typing something back just as witty on her phone.

Jeongguk would nod his head, going back to watching TV in silence. Every time she would laugh, the man would flinch. Not in the shocked sense, but in the painfully obvious sense he could not make her that expressive anymore. He would stare at her occasionally, hoping that she would look up and see him. But he rarely got that lucky anymore. It seemed like the woman spent more time avoiding him than anything. It was a slow decline that he had started to notice, and that Celine didn't care to fix at this point.

All she could think about was repaying the man who gave her another chance at life.

But not seeing him for a while gave her the perfect amount of time to get him a gift.

And she knew that she would be able to give it to him tonight. They were all going to Hoseok's, to hang out and get drunk. Why not when you're rich and living carelessly? Plus the group hadn't gotten together in two weeks. That was a lot for most of the boys to have withdrawal.

Celine was excited to see everyone again as well. She always liked having conversations with Tae and Yoongi since they came around less. Jin and Hoseok were now like older brothers to her.

She sprang up suddenly from the couch, causing Jeongguk to pause his show.

"Where are you going?" He said grabbing onto her had as she walked past him to grab her purse. She pulled her arm from his grasp gently. His hand closed in on itself, the absence of her palpable.

She looked back at him, already exasperated by his questions.

"Out, I'll be back soon."