8-All I Wanted

"Think of me when you're out, when you're out thereI'll beg you nice from my kneesAnd when the world treats you way too fairlyWell it's a shame I'm a dream"All I wanted -Paramore

I'll beg you nice from my knees
And when the world treats you way too fairly
Well it's a shame I'm a dream"
All I wanted -Paramore

Previously titled "Work of Art"

The day that Celine had been dreading had come. Now was the time.

And she still wasn't ready.

She sat, staring out an open window of the empty room.

Celine liked calling it the empty room because Jeongguk and her never really put anything in there. It was just a white, vast room with floor to ceiling windows on either side.

It didn't feel as empty now.

Celine sat in the middle of it, Jimin's white canvas holder directly in front of her. The dim gray light from the outside created a beautiful glow across the paper. Her shadow mocking her, playing itself across the blank canvas. With her hair messily thrown up in a bun, and dark circles under her eyes, anyone could see she was distressed.

And also covered head to toe in paint.

Luckily Jeongguk left early for work today. She didn't feel like fighting about it. They had made up yesterday, so she wasn't too keen on arguing again.

Maybe it was the stress of their relationship. Maybe it was her family. Maybe it was the weather. But Celine didn't know how to finish the last piece she was creating.

All the other art works were scattered across the floor. 12 pieces of paper lined up across light-washed ash wood.

One a golden sun, turning into that of a moon. Hands holding up both and bringing them together. Filled with a starry sky.

A rose, painted with pain staking detail. Petals navy and white specks representing the cosmos.

Lips, in the middle of the sky. Darkness surrounding the red depths. Blood dripping across the page.

So on and so on.

Her sister truly inspired everything she did.

But the one she was working on. Nothing felt right. The canvas was painted all black. There was no way she was going to leave it like that.

She wanted to do a portrait, but of whom?

Jeongguk. It wouldn't work right now. She'd have to add black paint onto more dark black paint. His face wasn't clear in her mind, but a dark shadow.