S3-The Homecoming

"But can't someone help me?
Oh, please, someone help me
I don't care, anyone, anything
'Cause I'm so sick of being so lonely
Miss all my family
I don't care, anyone, anything
'Cause I'm so sick of being so lonely"
Lonely-Noah Cyrus

6 months after Jeongguk admitted to the murder of Kim Mia (sorry for jumping around the timeline)

There are only several moments in life when raindrops make no noise.

The pitter patter against windows can remind one of being alive. Of watching the drop of moisture fall from the top of a window, a gray river as it collects more and more drops along the way.

Celine couldn't hear the rain now, couldn't romanticize the overcast sky and the soft music playing in the car.

Nothing. Everything. All at once, she was undone and whole.

"Celine."

Jimin's soft voice warmed her, filled her with the noise she needed to breathe. To remember that she wasn't caged anymore, without a key to find a way out.

It was all coming back and it hurt.

Because she was finally going to see her mother, her father, and her brother again. The family that had been ripped from her like Mia had.

She stared back into Jimin's darkly concerned eyes, his cream sweater reminding her of home. Cashmere and softness and love that she wanted to sink her teeth into and forget.

But forgetting wasn't healing. The girl knew that now, at the age of 19.

But that 16 year old girl was still inside of her. Waiting for her innocence to be given back. Finding the scraps of a new woman, reborn but surely who would never be the same.

"Celine." Jimin whispered again, this time running his knuckle across her cheek.

He was worried for her. She knew he wanted to whisk her away from here, to protect her.

He would do anything for her, her silver guardian angel.

It made her break out of her daze, Celine didn't want to worry him, "Jimin. I can do this. After what Jin told me, I'm ready."

The man looked at her apologetically, not with sympathy. He knew she was resilient. But one person shouldn't have had to bare that much pain in one lifetime.

When she had found out why her parents let her go, at first she had felt relief.

Celine had been elated that she was abandoned for a reason.

Abandoned.

Then, over the next several months she went through copious amounts of grief and loss. Jimin watched as she refused to eat, had outburst of anger to the point she stayed in an apartment alone for a week just to break her things.

Abandoned. With reason.

The justification of it made her skin burn, her stomach turn to acid.

"Let's go in." Celine said, keeping all emotion or tone out of her voice.

The silver haired man gave her a weary look, taking in her perfectly polished appearance. Knowing that despite all her hardships, she had turned out successful. A diamond morphed from coal by high pressure stakes that life through at her.