chapter 72: Only the beginning

Tia Aaliyah Johnson

I walked out of the funeral service with tamia and kennedy behind me. I got hella weird stares from mike and his ratchet ass friends but i just ignored it. " come on yall cause my graduation start in a hour" tamia spoke as she walked faster to the car which was parked in the parking lot.

" girl i'm coming, do you not see these heels?" I asked trying to speed up my pace in the heels that I was wearing.

" nobody told you to wear em" kennedy laughed as she carried kaliyah's carseat in her right hand. I was surprised that she stayed quiet through whole service cause she was always crying.

" I smell two haters" I spoke as I pressed unlock on my car keys.

" hating on what? im finna get so fleek when I get home" tamia sassed before getting in the passenger side of the car.

" fuck it up then sus" I added before getting into the car and so did kennedy with kaliyah.

Once we got back home to my parent's house, everybody got dressed for tamia's graduation which was starting in about 40 minutes. Me, tamia, kennedy and kaliyah were all riding in my car and my dad and my mom was riding in the car with kennedy's mom, aunt Lisa.

kennedy and tamia claimed that the boys were coming to the after party which was at my momma house in the backyard. I was probably gonna go home because I really ain't wanna be bothered.

" you really look cute bro, where you get this dress from?" I asked observing tamia's dress as she sat in the chair getting her makeup done by my mom.

" some store at the mall, i forgot the name but it was about 60 dollars" she told me and i nodded.

" alright I'm all done" my momma spoke as she finsihed the last touches on Mia's hair.

" ouuu you look pretty, bitch pose" Kennedy spoke before my mom smacked her upside her head.

" curse again, I dear you" my mom asserted with the meaniest look ever.

" gotcho ass! better stop allat damn cursing" Kennedy's mom Lisa said as she chuckled from the doorframe of tamia's room where she stood. 

" yall ready to go?" I asked looking down at kaliyah in my arms as she drank her bottle. " yeah, lets go" tamia shouted as she stood up from the stool. 

- 3 hours later

Tamia nicole Johnson

" who ain't got they diploma?" I beamed as I walked out the building with my family behind me. Lord knows I was happy I got my diploma, so you couldn't tell a bitch nothing!

" so you think you grown na?" my momma asked as she smiled along side of my dad who was smiling too. 

"that's a trick question, don't answer" tia said as she walked behind with kennedy and aunt lisa as we all walked to the cars. 

" you bet not think you grown, I'a whoop yo ass" my dad asserted making everybody laugh except me. I gave him a evil glare and continued walking towards the parking lot.