Chapter Eleven

During classes, all I could think of was who the fuck would want to do something like that for me? I'm not all that great! I'm just a quiet, socially awkward Italian boy! I'm really not worth someone going way out of their way to put up encouraging sticky notes, even though I loved them.

Will hasn't been near me lately, so scratch him off the list. We aren't really that close, anyway. We talk on the bus, sure, and maybe at lunch we could talk a bit, but we're more of aquaintinces than friends. Connor has been a rude, betraying asshole, so he's off it too. Connor is straighter than an uncooked pasta noodle, anyway.

There aren't many people that I know in this school. There's also Luke, Grover, and Clovis, all of which are probably on Team Connor. They'd be more likely to give me a swirly than anything.

"Nico!" Someone snapped. I jerked my head up to see a pair of angry green eyes on me. "Pay attention." I didn't follow their directions. Teachers should understand that giving a snappy order will only make kids want to disobey them more.

I just couldn't stop thinking about it. Who would want me to feel appreciated or wanted this badly?

My mind couldn't really pin one person. Maybe the person was a stalker? Or a straight girl who's a sick romantic and wants to build off something that isn't there?

I really shouldn't get stressed out over this, I thought. It was probably a one time thing, anyways. That's the most likely outcome, the person'll give up as soon as I don't realize who they're coming from.

Love sick teenagers are like that, and shit, they're annoying. They'll never talk to you, then they'll leave you something in your second year or something and if you don't pick up who it is immediately, they'll feel "heart broken" and go crying to their mom about it or something.

That's probably the kind of situation I was in right now. I should probably ignore what they left me. It was dumb, the fact I still had the damn sticky note in my pocket.

Well, if this was a one-time thing, at least I could keep it as an inspirational note or something like that.