Chapter Thirty-eight

Once the sticky notes were all cleared away and put into bags, (two garbage bags, that is) Will and I sat on the floor to rest.

He had pulled his phone out, deciding for the both of us that we were going to skip. (This boy is a bad influence sometimes.)

"Hey, Neeks?" Will looked away from his phone, and right into my eyes. Not that I was staring at him, or anything. I widened my eyes, giving him permission to ask the question.

He glanced down at my hand. "Is it okay if-... if I-..."

The poor boy gave up and just burried his face in his hands. I smiled silently to myself.

One tap on his shoulder, and the blushing angel was looking back at me. "Sorry," he apologised, setting his hand down next to me.

So, I decided to be the brave one of this little thing we had going. I slowly scooted my hand next to his, and right before I could change my mind about the whole thing, I grabbed his hand.

Will nearly dropped his phone as he felt me grab his hand and lace my fingers through his. Then he smiled. "Thank you."

There were a few minutes of silence. Will had put his phone away, and we were kind of just staring at each other. I noticed Will's eyes taking in ever inch of me, and I have to say I was doing the same thing with him.

And damn, that boy was someone I'd like to pin against a wall.

Suddenly, Will burst out laughing. It was kind of scary, seeing as there was nothing comical around. I noticed my hand was signing things it the air, but that was it.

What? I asked.

Will coughed once, "I don't know if you meant to, but your hands said something."

I gave him a questioning look. His hand flexed a little against mine, showing he wanted to do something with both hands.

Damn, Will signed, that boy is something I'd pin to a wall.

My free hand slowly dropped, and I blushed. My face was hot and red, and all I could do was look down.

Sorry, I signed, I know I'm suppose to handle masterpieces with caution.

That only caused Will to laugh more, his blue eyes sparkling brightly. "It's fine."

I scooted closer to Will, and rested my head on his shoulder. I kissed his collarbone a few times, which made him blush.

"Neeks," Will started to say, a little tensed up, "is it okay if, maybe, we don't tell my parents about us?"

Sure, I replied, but why?

Will relaxed a bit, clearly liking my answer. "My mom's a Christian, big supporter of Donald Trump and stuff."

So... they're homophobes? It was kind of strange. Will - the rainbowiest rainbow I know - has homophobic parents.

"Not my dad," Will corrected me. "He's just embarrassing."

Understandable.

"And that's why I haven't let you meet them yet," he said, clearly thinking about the night I stayed with him.

Will didn't talk for a bit, but I could tell he was thinking. He thinks a lot. That's one thing I love about him.

"One more question," Will said, smiling. I did the motions to a very sarcastic groan, but all that came out was something that sounded like a voice crack. "What are we?"

Humans. No, Solace. We're dogs. Woof woof.

He smiled at me, flashing an amazingly bright set of teeth. "No, I mean, like, friends with benefits? Boyfriends? Two pizza rolls stuck together?"

I kind of like the pizza roll one. Will rolled his eyes at me. I knew he was trying to be serious.

I didn't know what Will wanted. He cared for me, sure, but did he really want a relationship with me? Right now?

Boyfriends sound very enjoyable. I decided not to look at Will because I was still blushing like a maniac.

"It does sound very enjoyable, indeed." Will moved his hand to my back, and pulled me in between his spread out legs, facing him. He smashed his lips onto mine, taking me by surprise, but it's what I wanted.

I put my hand in his hair, tugging just a little bit. His lips parted him, his breath still tasted like an albino chicken slowly roasted on a spit over a 350°F fire.

Now, the details of what happened next, I'd like to keep private. (Even if it was still PG13.)