Chapter Eight

Stepping in to the classroom, I tried to remember everything I've gotten from past schools. Not much information was to be found, unfortunately.

Except that mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell. Very useful.

"Nico!" Connor called from across the classroom. How did he find a seat so quickly? Probably because he has friends. Friends who can talk and conversate like a 'normal' human.

I walked to him, plopping down beside one of his friends.

"Guys, this is Nico." I waved as Connor introduced me. "He doesn't like to talk. Says he's mute or whatever." He nudged me in the ribs while he and his friend's chuckled, causing me to gasp in pain. I tried to smile it off, but that hurt. His friends gave appropriate chuckles.

"Nico, this is Grover, he's kind of shy." Connor pointed to a sort of pudgy kid with red hair and a goatee. "And that's Clovis. All he really does is sleep." Connor directed that towards a sleeping kid sitting adjacent to Grover.

"And this is Luke. He's strong, but real kind at heart." I looked at the kid named Luke and gulped. His features were very defined. You could see every muscle, vain, and bone in his body. Damn, he was fit. A nice, yet terrifying, sight for sore eyes.

Nuh-uh! No way was I gonna go within five yards of him alone! I'd probably get a broken leg just from looking at him too hard!

Luckily, that's when the second bell rang. I made sure I sat as far away from Luke as possible, which meant I was next to the sleeping kid, Clovis. I scooted my notebooks and binder as close to my chest as possible. I did not trust any of these people enough to not watch out for my personal things.

The teacher walked in, a crazily skinny dude with a contorted expression, like an eagle was pecking out his insides. He looked almost as bad as Donald Trump, not quite though.

I couldn't remember the teacher's name, and I didn't really care to. His class was the dullest, blandest, most deathly boring class I've ever taken. He didn't even try and spice it up! Add a little flare, my man! Don't let your ugly looks stop you from making a kid or two happy for a class!

I'm pretty sure I could have gotten away with skipping class today, and I would have if Connor hadn't somehow convinced me to. Well, more like if I hadn't convinced myself to do it.

Either way, I regret not skipping.