Chapter Twenty-seven

"Listen here," a different voice said, once again startling me, "Connor Stoll told you to leave him alone."

A hand grabbed my shoulder and I was face-to-face with a pale faced, blond haired, bony character. "Now, you've disobeyed him; you've disobeyed me." I noticed one of his eyes were glass. How did that happen?

I got shoved to the ground, dirt being kicked up on my face. I closed my eyes just as a heavy blow came to my stomach. Thankfully, the blow missed my diaphragm, but I still felt like puking.

There were a few more bashes -- probably kicks -- to my arms and legs. I wanted to scream, but I didn't even try. I knew I couldn't.

My attacker must of gotten bored of using his legs, because there was a loud click! And it sounded like a blade. Like a pocket knife.

"Oh, you're going to enjoy this." The attacker's raspy voice replayed in my head, over and over. It only stopped when something more terrifying came over me.

My arm lit on fire, well, it felt like that. The fire was getting hotter and hotter, blood was oozing down my arm. My shoulder felt like it was about to fall off from pine. I didn't want to open my eyes, to see the knife sliding closer to my artery in my elbow. I didn't want to see the blood, or the person's face.

There was a loud thud, but I couldn't tell what from. A pain came from the bottom of my forearm.

And then the pain slowly stopped. It didn't get worst. I could still feel the blood. The pain was still horrible, but the fire was calming. I dared to open my eyes.

"Octavian." It was him. It was he bus dude! The... the... Peter/Perry/Percy dude!

"Per... Percy," the boy named Octavian gushed. Appearently my attacker was Yandere or whatever.

"We've went over this," Percy growled. "I couldn't save your eye. That's on me- not Connor, and definitely not Nico di Angelo's."

Percy got real close to Octavian. "And just because I've had an eye on him does not mean you have a right to interfere with that."

"You saved his voice! You saved his life, yet you couldn't save a single eye!" Octavian spit at Percy's feet.

Percy looked down at me with eyes that got one message across very clearly: I'm sorry.

What? No! Why is he sorry? My windpipe was messed up at birth and my adam's apple got severely damaged and had to be removed. Percy did nothing.

"Why are you even here?" Octavian snarled. "You dropped out of here fifteen years ago, don't try and fool people with your baby face."

"Octavian," Percy looked like he wanted to comfort the other boy in some way, "I didn't save Nico's voice. And I've owed him for... for that day. So I've kept an eye on him."

Octavian looked a little stunned. "Keeping an eye out for someone. What happened to you?"

I clapped my hands for attention, signing as fast as I could. What? Explain! I've only seen you once!

Percy looked at me, directly in the eyes. "What? You think Mr. Brunner knew sign language? You think you were simply born with a birth defect? No, there's more to that."

W-O-T, mate? I signed.

"Just," Percy held up a finger. "Just give me a second." The next thing I saw was Percy sucker punching Octavian and a knocked-out body flying on top of me, knocking the wind out of me.

"OH FU-"

Darkness.