Chapter Forty

I quickly ate all the food on my plate, suddenly realizing how hungry I was. Will only picked at his.

I let out a loud sigh, hearing my voice crack a bit during it. You're not okay. That wasn't a question, it's a statement.

My phone buzzed, but I ignored it.

Will looked down at my pocket. "You should see if it's a text." I checked my phone, revealing a text from mom telling me to get home.

Yeah, I need to go. I leaned over to kiss Will goodbye. It was a nice kiss, might I say.

"Um," Will put his hand on the back of his neck. That meant he wanted to ask an embarrassing/cute/romantic question. "Mind if I walk you home?"

My eyes must have lit up brighter than the sun. I nodded as fast as I could. Will chuckled a bit.

He grabbed my hand and led me to the door.

We didn't talk much on the way to my house, probably because I was too busy worrying about Will. We got there really quickly, too.

"Well, see you tomorrow?" Will asked.

You better, I signed, and playfully punched Will on the shoulder. He leaned down close to me, connecting our lips for a kiss, once again. I expected it to be a short, sweet one, but when I backed away, Will only came twice as close.

Hey, I wasn't going to complain.

I put myself as close as I could against him and wrapped my arms around his back. His hand went up to my hair, the other to my side. His lips parted mine, and I could taste his breath, which, thankfully, wasn't chicken this time.

"Hey!" Zoë shouted, Bianca's window open. "Stop making out and come inside and f-"

Bianca tackled her from behind. "That's my brother, you little butterfly crap!" I blushed, and I could tell Will was blushing too.

"Hey, Will," Bianca said cheerly, still leaning out her bedroom window.

"Hi," Will replied, a little unsure what tone to use.

"So, you managed to hook up with my brother?"

"I guess?"

"Is it hard?" Zoë asked, clearly taking pleasure in making us blush.

"Not really-" Will started to say, but I started signing. Being the respectful boyfriend he was, he stopped talking.

Kind of depends on what you're talking about.

The reactions to that in a neatly formed list:
• Bianca covered her face to hide laughter.
• Zoë looked extremely shocked, her plan to make us embarrassed backfiring.
• Will had this blank look on his face, along with a red hot blush across his cheeks.
• And me, I didn't even regret it. I don't normally like dirty jokes, but come on. That one was good.

"I... I should get home," Will said, the blush not fading a bit.

I smiled and waved at him as he left. Maybe he'd be normal by tomorrow?

Let's just say: I never expected what I saw.