48

"Oh."

Youngjae laughed at me again. I held my head down. Sheesh why did I have to jump to conclusions so quick!

"Y-You didn't say anything..what d'you expect me to do.."

I crouched down in my chair and folded my arms. Youngjae stared me down with a smile. "You're so cute- Wanna get something to eat?"
He says the first part really quick like he didn't want me to hear.

I bunched my lips to the side. "I don't know. I have so much to do."

"Oh c'mon Minseo..like what?"

"I was gonna continue watching the new kdrama episode that's coming out today."

Youngjae gave me a are you even serious face.

"What..? It's halfway through the season and the middle part is the most important!" I argue. Youngjae stood up and as he did, he took my hand with him.

"C'mon let's go."

He pulled me up out of my seat and headed for the exit. "B-But my coffee.."

So.

We ended up at this small restaurant. I'm so used to the rich cuisine life I forgot how street food and local food tasted. I think i've been spoiled.

But I ate the food in front of me like it was my last. Youngjae didn't eat much, he just stared at me.
I caught him in the midst of food stuffed.

"You know, if you just sit there not eating while I eat, it makes me feel like a pig."

"Huh? Oh! Right.."

I glared at him.

He raised his hands and shook them. "No no no no no! I didn't mean that you are a pig or that you should feel like one I just..uh.." He scratched his head.

I laughed again. He looked dumbfounded. "Ha! You're such a dork!" I clap. "You're just figuring that out now?" He pokes into his food.

"Hey..lost your appetite? Don't worry you don't have to eat. I feel like a pig around Yugyeom all that time so.."

"Yugyeom? That weirdo kid?"

"Mhm. That's him."

Youngjae clapped. "Wow I haven't seen him in so long."

"Duhh." I snarl and continue to eat. "So. How's life?" I added. Youngjae sighed. I feel like if he's going through anything, I would go out of my way to help him. Anything. Even if he runs out of toothpaste and goes through the struggle, I'd already be on my way to the store.

"Well. I live with Sohee and her two boys. One is in high school, another in grade school. I babysit them when she's at work and she basically takes care of me."

I nodded. Here we go again. I could listen to him speak all day, even forgetting how little time I have.

"Her husband comes back from his job from time to time, but he's always out with his sons so I get the house alone alot." Youngjae smiles like a lil grape.

Omg what is wrong with me.

"I wish I could've took care of you.." I mumbled. "What's that?" Youngjae pops his head up.

"Huh? Oh nothing.." I smile slyly. "Anyway..i'm still babysitting around. So if you need a babysitter, who you gonna call?" Youngjae smirked.

"..A babysitter?"

"*sigh* Nevermind."

I smiled again. Then Youngjae's phone rung. He picked it up and answered, then plant it on his ear. He saw me, then put the phone down and pressed the speaker button.

Sheesh I had no problem with him talking on the phone, it's his personal life.

No. You do have a problem. You're scared he has a girlfriend but he just won't admit it for old times' sake. He's moved on why haven't you?

"But I have moved on..right?"

"Moved on from what?"

"What?"

"What?"

"Oh nothing."

Youngjae gave me a suspicious glare. "Yeah hello?"

"Yo Youngjae. Where're you!" A familiar voice spoke. I'm guessing it was..Jinyoung? I'm getting great at this memory game.

"Oh! Ah jeez I forgot I was supposed to meet you..uhm..i'm at a restaurant."

"You fork! You ditched me."

"I didn't I swear! Just...something important showed up." Youngjae smiled at me. I held my head down. My cheeks must hate me.

"Whatever. I'll just tell you now since I have no time."

"Ok. Speak."

I listened in because..why not. Sheesh I feel like i'm invading his personal space. Why??

"Okay Youngjae..remember when we were in a bar after graduating high school and we made a promise that, none of us could get married or have kids before the other? That we'd have to do those things at the same time to make it even?"

..................................?

"Uhm no. I've never said that plus it's stupid you already have a girlfriend."

"Jeez you thunderclap you should've just went with it."

I'm about to choke on the air.

"Well anyway.." Jinyoung adds.

"You better start saving up money to give your niece or nephew when they're born. No exceptions."

"W-What..?"

"Yeah that's right. I'm having a kid."

Youngjae jumped up. "Really wow! That's great!" He cheered. I smiled for him. These two..I missed them. "Alright I have to go. I really wish I would've told you this earlier when we had time but..bye ching chong?"

"Bye Junior."

"HEY YOU LITTLE F-"

Youngjae hung up. I snickered. "I see you guys are still really close." I smiled. Youngjae sat back down. "Of course. He's my best friend." Youngjae smiled back.

Then. Awkward silence. Wasn't really that awkward though..just silent. It seemed like we were the only ones in the restaurant. Now it's just full of stares and looks.

Sheesh what happened to the energy 2 seconds ago? Oh yeah it was still awkward nevermind.

"Minseo can we get straight to the point here?" Youngjae put his hands together.

Oh no.