4

"Cucumbers. Now i'm just gonna put them in-"

"No!" He smacked them out of my hands.
"Youngjae what the heck!" I say in shock. "No cucumbers." He simply answers. "What, are you allergic? Just say so." I clean myself up by swiping all the cucumbers from my apron and pants. "I don't have an allergy to cucumbers, Minseo." He says, facing the food bowl.

I sigh. "Well you're gonna have to clean that up." I nod. He smirked. Wow. First time i've seen him do that so slyly. Hm..
"Then you need to help me."

"Do I need to help you for everything??" I complain. He nodded like it was nothing. I let my hands fall to my hips and lowered my shoulders. "Funny." I say sarcastically. "Ha ha. We should start now." He stands up straight. I bent down and he did after me. We began picking them up one by one.

"You're surprisingly making more of a mess than me." I comment. "Do you make a lot of messes, usually?" He asks. "Apparently my brother thinks so."
We continue to clean up. There wasn't alot of cucumbers left on the floor.

There was one big piece left and we both went for it. Not really knowing the other persons' plans. Our hands touched. His over mine. We stood in our place, looking up at each other. His hand was warm and it sent a chill down my spine. That's why I didn't quickly react. It felt weird. Like a shock. An electric shock.
It went all throughout my body. And i'm sure he felt it too because he didn't react either.

Then I put my head down. "Uh..could you move your hand please?" I mutter. "Oh! Sorry.." He took his hand away. I grabbed that last piece and then stood up. "I got everything else, you can..do whatever." I say as he stood up straight after me.

"Just whatever." He shrugged. I nodded and mustered up a grin. He took off his apron and walked away. I sighed. What was that feeling I had just now? It didn't hurt. It felt..unexplainable. Weird.

I finished cooking. We both sat on the couch and ate. I was going to eat in my room, but I don't have a Tv in there so...yeah.

I took the remote. "What're you putting on?" He asked before taking a bite.
"A Kdrama. Know some?"

"I've only watched one. And I fell asleep." He answers. I look at him. "How could you? I bet it was quality Tv, too." I look back to the screen. "Nah. I think you've seen better." He shrugs. "Oh! Let's watch this one!" I point to it. He looks. "Isn't that a romantic drama?" He asks.
"Yeah." I nod and sit back in my seat. It was on and starting.
I don't know what's his deal. Romantic Kdramas are the best.

So it's 50 minutes into it and I can tell why he was a little unsure about it. I feel awkward as I don't know what. Maybe because they had alot of kissing scenes and sometimes the actors go way too far. We made sure not to make eye contact. It'd make it weirder than it already is.

I don't know what to do. Another kissing scene came on screen. I'm ready to smash my Tv in pieces.
"Sorry about the cucumbers." Youngjae says suddenly. Oh thank God.

I turned down the volume of the Tv and looked at him. "No problem. What's with you and cucumbers anyway." I shrug. "They disgust me." He says, looking down like he's having a flashback.

"Well I like them. A little." I comment, trying to keep the conversation going so we don't have to look at the screen. "Really? How?"

I shrug. He shivers, "You have a horrible taste in food." He says. I turn to him. "Just because I don't like what you like doesn't mean that!" I argue. "It does if it's cucumbers!" He argues back. "What if I said I don't like cookies?"

"How do you sleep at night??"

I crease my eyebrows, "For an old guy, you really are childish." I say. He stares at me. "An old guy?" He tilts his head a bit. "Yeah. My brother said he found you at his job. And he's five years older than me. That's pretty old." I bunch my lips together. Youngjae laughs in my face.

"What." I growl.

"Minseo, i'm only 18. I just got that job and Mr. Jaebum is my boss. I'm your age." He explains.