Chapter 19

Malaika's POV:

"I think it's a great idea." Renee says.

"Really?" She nods.

"You two are good now and it's much cheaper than paying for a complete stranger."

"True. I don't think Joe is good about that idea."

"Why not?"

"I have no idea. I mean if anything I should be the hesitant one. Not him."

"Do you think her moving in will spark something in him again?"

"It better not."

"You should talk to him."

"That's the only thing I can do."

"Malaika."

"Hey baby." Renee leaves us.

"I need to talk to you." We say at the same time.

"You go first." Joe says.

"If you don't feel comfortable with Galina moving in—"

"Let her." he sighs. "I just... I don't know what's going on with me. Galina is great and I think she's a great help."

"But..."

"But I just keep flashing back to all the problems from before."

"I get it, trust me I do but I know you won't act on them so I'm not worried."

"You know I love you right?"

"I know."

"Then I am willing to push everything aside and compromise."

"Really?" he nods and takes my hand.

"All I want is for you and the kids to be happy. And if Galina moving in with us does that, then I'll agree."

"Thank you baby." He kisses my hand. "I'm really excited."

"Let's see what you got so far." He pulls the chair up next to me.

"Well I narrowed it down to 8. The cheapest is $609,000 and the most expensive is $1,465,000." He looks at me. "What? It's under 3 mil... and we don't have to choose that one. Just give me the benefit of the doubt."

"Alright, alright. Let's just look." After our discussion, we decided that after we see them all we should pick our top 3 and then pick from there. "I think once we decide, we should get it right away. I don't want to put our heart in it and then we lose it."

"Yeah. You're right. When do we want to start moving in?"

"I think we should wait until after Anjali's birthday. At least put the down payment and hold our spot."

"But then we have to worry about Lina selling her place, selling our place and going through the process of buying a house again."

"We don't have to worry about selling our house..." Joe says.

"And why not...?"

"As soon as we put our house on the market and people find out whose house it used to be, WWE Superstars Indira and Roman Reigns used to live here, it won't take long to sell."

"Alright cocky." I say with a chuckle.

"You know it's true."

"So what's our schedule like this weekend?" he pulls out his phone.

"Not good. We're booked for the next couple of weekends."

"Damn it. So we're just gonna have to look at them during the week. Private showings." I sigh. "You don't think we're moving too fast right?"