- 5 -

I finally reached the cafe on time and ran to the backroom grabbing my apron, which was placed in my employee locker

I finally reached the cafe on time and ran to the backroom grabbing my apron, which was placed in my employee locker. I quickly wrapped it around my waist. Then calmly and collectively walked out. I looked around observing my surroundings, to see my co-worker Hoseok at the register taking orders from a customer. He looked over at me and smiled, I did the same.

We were a little close to each other every since I started working here, so we knew each other pretty well. I tended to keep to myself and not interact with any of my other co-workers until Hoseok showed up with that blinding smile and bubbly personality.

At first I avoided him; thinking he was weird and that his personality was too much for me to handle, but I was dead wrong. He's generally just a happy person. He took the first step and talked to me, so I didn't have to embarrass myself trying to make friends.

The part I hate is, that he's too clingy to me. We never talked about our private lives, or more like I never talked about mine, he doesn't shut up about his though. I don't mind listening, so yeh.

+¥+

Cutting off my thoughts, I rushed over to one of the counters cleaning it up, then throwing away the coffee cups, that the oh-so-nice customer had left behind.

+¥+

The day eventually went by pretty fast.  I was sitting at a table all of a sudden trying to catch my breath, my chest started to ache, my head pounding. I felt some sorta pain build up in my chest, so on instinct I reached over to my chest clenching over the fabric. I closed my eyes trying to evenly breathe.

After a minute, I felt something on my shoulder. I opened my eyes staring at the ground first, to see a pair of shoes and long legs. I looked up, to see none other then Hoseok, himself, standing there looking at me worrisomely.

"Are you ok? You don't look good Jimine. I think you should head home. I'll finish cleaning up for you." He said worriedly looking into my heavy gaze.

"Thank you, Hoseok. Remind me to repay you sometime." I mumbled out to him, trying to still think straight.

"It's fine no need just go." He ushered, I nodded slowly getting a hold onto the table next to me, for support. I kind of felt a little better form just sitting, enough for me to bare at least.

I got to the back room and quickly disposed of my apron, then grabbed my bag, leaving immediately.

+¥+

I got to my apartment complex, thank god for that. I thought I was going to pass out before I made it there.

My head was starting to feel heavy, my palms were getting sweating, and my legs started to feel weak the more steps I took, but worse of all my chest was building up a lot of pain that was so unbearable, which was affecting my breathing.

I finally got up to Yongsun's door, shakily ringing the bell.

Slowly my vision started to become blurry, my body was sweating like crazy. My legs started to become unstable. My chest was being emptied of any oxygen.

Finally the door creaked opened.

And that's where everything went blank for me.

+¥+

I heard the sound of something beeping. I could also hear some whispers near me, so I tried to open my eyes.

My eyes didn't seem to respond so I tried to move my fingers. I didn't know if it worked or not, but I could feel something warm on my hand.

Then finally fluttered my eyes open, my vision was blurry at first, all I could see was the unsteady colour of white.

My head started to throb in pain, I clenched my eyes shut, moving my hand over to my temples and tried to massage the pain away, It was no use.

"He's awake!" A voice spoke out

"Mr.Park?" I think a man said, but I'm sure their voice was different from the first one I heard. When my vision settled I noticed a man wearing a white lab coat with pens stuck in the pocket on his chest where his name was pinned, Dr. Song. The man moved over to check my IV drip and heart monitor.

"How are you feeling?" He finally spoke again. I turned to face him and tried to whisper out a small okay. He just nodded as he started checking his clipboard and writing down a thing or two.

I sat up slowly on my bed adjusting to the eerie pain in my chest. I looked over to the side of my bed to see Yongsun sitting there with Taemin in her arms. I smiled at them, I could sense the sadness in her eyes. As she gave me a broken hearted smile back. I looked away towards the doctor who looked up from his charts.

"Mr. Park I'm sorry to say that.." He paused to look at me to see if he can continue.

"It's fine just tell me." I mumbled out unsurely.

"Your suffering from lung cancer." He said softly. I sat there motionless for good minute or two processing the information. I tried to hold in my tears. My whole world started to break down right before my eyes, when it finally hit me. My mind going straight to my son. How was Taemin suppose to live without me. There's no one out there that can take him in. I started to tear up when the doctor continued.

"Your at stage 3."

][🥂][Love Sugar][🥂][