How The Good Girl Changed The Bad Boy Chpt. 15

Start from the beginning

"It's alright. I can handle it." And like that, I walked away from Drew, leaving him alone. The bell indicating classes were about to begin rang and I silently walked to Maths. I made it just in time for the bell to ring.

"You're about 5 seconds early before the bell, Ms. Porter. I suggest getting to school on time." Mr. Morrison said to me once I took a seat in the back. Logan kept staring at me and I was feeling extremely awkward.

Mr. Morrison began the lesson and I completely spaced out. Yet again, my paper was blank and I had nothing to turn in.

"Ms. Porter, can you stay after class for a moment? I need to have a little chat with you. Don't worry, I'll write a pass for your next class." Mr. Morrison asked once all the students filed out. Sighing and cursing under my breath, I walked to the front of the room where he was standing.

"Yes, sir?" I asked as I took a seat in the front desk.

"Well, your files say that you were an excellent student in Maths. Always had A's, never once failed a test, but here you are in my classroom, spacing out and looking into nothingness. Is something wrong?"

"No, sir." Was my simple response. I really wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone.

"Dakota, please. You know you can tell me, right?" That line sounded very familiar; It brought the memories of leaving Drew behind.

"Yes, sir." Remember what I said about when I was around elder people with authority, I was almost too polite? This was one of those times.

"Alright. Well, what's your next class?" He asked me.

"Science, sir."

"Enough with the sir! It makes me feel old." Mr. Morrison smiled at his joke and I just gave him the blankest face I could manage.

He took a pad of paper and a pen out and began writing. When he handed me the slip, I grabbed my backpack, and walked out. I slowly walked to science, praying that Spencer wasn't here today. I didn't think I could handle seeing him be a player or even be next to him because I would break down in tears.

When had I become so mental?  I thought to myself. I used to not even care about people except for my Mum and Dad. Now, I'm caring about other people who I should just be pushing away. What have I turned into to?

Sighing to myself, I pulled the pony tie out of my hair and let my hair fall down. I ran a hand through my hair, attempting to make it look better then it was. You know how people twitched or cracked their hands? When I ran my fingers through my hair, it was my nervous habit.

Taking one more deep breath, I opened the door, and walked in.

"Care to explain why you're late, Ms. Porter?" My science teacher asked. I handed her the note and went to go sit down at my table. Sadly, Spencer was there. Luckily, he was completely ignoring me. Instead of looking at me, he was staring down at his phone.

"Mr. Evans, you know that I don't allow texting in my class. Either read the text messages out loud or hand me your phone." Ms. Darnell said, looking directly at Spencer. He slowly lifted his head up and smirked at her.

"I don't have to give you my phone." He sneered. The fury in her eyes were burning; Her blue orbs turning to black, her pale freckled face turning a firey red, and her hands clenched.

"Give me the phone Spencer." She said with such authority.

"Or you'll do what?" Spencer sneered yet again.

"Go to the principle's office!" Ms. Darnell shouted. Spencer's head turned to my direction. He winked at me and a sly grin crossed his face.

"You really hate me, don't you?" I whispered as he packed his things up.