How The Good Girl Changed The Bad Boy Chpt. 15

Dakota's POV(:-

That night, I cried myself to sleep. I hadn't done that since Dad killed himself. I strictly remember the pact I made myself; Never to cry yourself to bed again unless it was just super serious. Could this be counted as serious? Not really, but it just hurt.

How could Mum just move on from Dad when I haven't. It's not fair and I don't understand how she could be so... Cruel.

"Dakota, wake up honey. Time for school." My mum said as knocked on the door.

"Kay." I croaked out. Pulling the covers off of my body, I went to my closet and just threw on whatever I could find. Walking toward the mirror, I examined my outfit; White tank top, black half jacket, dark blue skinny jeans, and neon red shoes. My brush was on my desk so I walked towards it and saw a note written on it. Instead of reading it, I just tossed it in the trash can, and walked back to the mirror with my brush.

I was tieing my hair up into the ponytail when an unexpected guest entered my room.

"Hi Dakota." Spencer said to me; I just ignored him and continued tieing my hair up. He checked the trash can and I could see his blue eyes hardening in the mirror reflection.

"Was that your note?" I whispered, still facing the mirror. His hands made their way into his pockets and his head ducked down a bit. I watched him carefully through the mirror, studying every single slight movement.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled.

"You're still a player and I'm still Dakota. Spencer, I think it's just best if we just don't even talk to each other. Both of our lives would be much easier." I said and he nodded slowly.

"Can I at least get a goodbye hug?"

"It's not a goodbye, it's just a... Space break." I just wanted him to go, because I knew if I hugged him, even held him, I wouldn't want him to leave. "I push people away Spencer."

He looked up when I said that. Slowly, he approached me and turned my around. I was staring into his deep blue eyes and he just stared right back into mine.

"Well, don't."

"Don't what?" I asked. His eyes were just making me forget everything.

"Don't push people away." He kissed my forehead, letting his lips linger for a few seconds, then he pulled away and walked out of my room. I could hear the front door slam and his footsteps on the rocks. Sighing to myself, I looked down at my shoes.

"Dakota, Hun, it's about time to go to school." Mum said after a few moments. I grabbed my backpack and walked out of the house.

Forget breakfast, I can eat lunch later on. I told myself. I was in the car and ten minutes later, Mum was finally coming out of the house. Her hair was curled and her face looked somewhat... Brighter.

"I'm going to be late to school." I told her when she hopped into the car, reeving it up, and speeding down the road.

"I know, I know! I don't need any crap right now Dakota!" She yelled. I bit my tongue to keep from speaking. Once we got to my school, I didn't even wait for Mum to stop the car. I opened the door, grabbed my backpack, ignored my mother's screams, and jumped out of the car. I could see her slam the open door and she peeled out.

"Hey Dakota!" I heard a male voice call behind me. Spinning in a 18O degrees, I saw the familiar face of Drew.

"Hi Drew." I simply said. His eyes narrowed slightly and his head cocked a bit to the side.

"What's wrong? You seem pissed off."

"It's nothing." Was my simple reply.

"I know I just met you and all, but you can tell me. Whatever it is, I won't judge or make fun of you." He opened his arms, and I guess it was meant for me to hug him. Deciding against it, I pinned my arms to the sides and just shook my head.