chapter 27

~third person POV~

Aimi Uzumaki walked around the streets of Konohagakure with a huge grin on her face, villagers waved at her and she waved back cheerfully, everything was perfect... if you didn't count the empty feeling inside of the redhead. She had walked past team seven's training ground and remembered when it was destroyed during Pein's attack.

'Wait a minute... Pein... Nagato... The Akatsuki!' Aimi's eyes widened in surprise when she remembered. 'I can't believe I almost forgot. I have to tell Naruto.'

The redhead was about to run in order to find her brother when she heard someone call out her name.

"Aimi-chan!"

The cerulean eyed girl blinked before she turned around to look at the person who called her.

"Hm? Hey okaa-san!"

Now that Minato and Kushina knew about them, the twins often found themselves calling them 'mom' and 'dad'. They were overjoyed with the fact that they could. That's when Aimi remembered something.

"I won't let you go until everything is as it has to be." Iruka told Naruto. Aimi could go home whenever she wanted, but why would she leave her brother to clean on his own?

"Like I care, it's not like we have anyone to go home to." Naruto said and went back to cleaning.

'Oh, Naruto.' Aimi thought sadly. 'I'll make sure to change that someday, I promise.'

'It looks like now I'm able to keep that promise, eh nii-san?' Aimi thought with a small smile as she ran towards Kushina who grinned when she heard Aimi. 'I won't allow my chance to slip.'

'And this time, I also promise that we will save everyone no matter the cost.'

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Short filler chapter, but I hope it makes up for not updating!