chapter 16

~Aimi's POV~

I sighed softly as I looked out the window, I had just finished eating dinner and told my parents I was going to my room. It turns out that nii-san was training in our old -well, future- training grounds and that's why I couldn't find him. A knock on the door brought me out of my train of thoughts.

"Come in." I said softly and the door opened, it was nii-san. "What is it, Naruto-nii?" I asked and he grinned before grabbing something from his pocket.

My eyes widened and I gasped when he showed it to me, it was a silver necklace with a small heart shaped locket (multimedia).

"I thought I lost it during the war." I said as I grabbed it and opened it.

Inside the locket was a picture of me and Haruki, it was the photo we took on my twelve birthday, and on the other side was a photo of me along with... Shisui and Itachi. It was before Shisui killed himself, in the picture I was in the middle of the two Uchihas, Shisui and I were grinning while Itachi had his arms crossed with a small smile. My eyes watered a little as I looked at the two pictures.

"I found it while I was training. Well, Kurama found it." Naruto said sheepishly and I smiled at him.

"Arigato nii-san."

'Arigato Kurama-nii.'

"Yeah whatever, brat." He said before going back to sleep and I giggled, but stop when I remembered something.

"No one saw you guys, right?" I asked seriously. "We are already under surveillance, if they were to see your skills or Kurama-nii we'll be in a lot of trouble."

"You worry too much, but.." He became serious as well. "I made sure I wasn't followed."

Seeing him serious was something you didn't see very often, I should know since I've been with him all my life.

"Good." I sighed in relief. "Just don't get us caught, Hokage-sama." I said half teasingly and Naruto smiled before becoming serious again.

"The mission to the Kannabi Bridge is going to happen in a few days."

"I think I should be the one to go." I said. "I can help more while you stay in the village and keep our cover." I saw concern in my older brother's eyes. "And I won't reveal myself unless necessary, I promise."

He was in my room a while longer, we were talking about what I should do during the mission (like battle plans and that I should keep myself hidden and not be spotted unless necessary) since I don't want them to think we're a threat to the village. After a while, nii-san left and I laid down on the bed.

'I will save you, Obito.' I thought. 'That way I can also save Shisui and Itachi, along with the rest of the Uchiha clan and everyone else.' I closed my eyes and the darkness slowly took over my vision.