chapter 23

~Third POV~

"Release!" A voice said and team Minato was surrounded by a barrier just as the cave was still collapsing, saving Obito's life along with everyone else.

"Obito!" Rin cried through the darkness.

"I'm okay Rin!" Obito yelled before a familiar childish, female voice interrupted his train of thoughts.

"That was close," The girl mumbled once the cave finished collapsing. "But I still have to get everyone out of here."

The redhead deactivated the barrier and her eyes became red with slits. Not that anyone could see.

"Rasengan!" There was a light blue ball of swirling lines that they had seen their sensei do once before. Wasn't that the jutsu their sensei invented? There was a loud cracking sound. "Damn." Was the last thing team Minato heard before they all blacked out.

~time skip~

"Ugh... what happened?" Kakashi sat up.

"Whoah, don't sit up just yet." He heard the girl's voice say sternly as she gently pushed him back down before he could protest. "I'm sure nii-san can heal that eye for ya. At least I hope he can, but in the meantime." Her hands glowed a minty-green and she started to heal him, he's eye narrowed when he saw her face.

"What are you doing here?" He asked suspiciously.

"All will be explained later." Was all she said as she continued healing him.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Rin groaned and cracked open her eyes.

"Oh thank Kami you're alright." She heard a relieved childish female voice say. "I've done all I can so you should be fine." The girl continued.

"Oh... thank you. Aimi-chan?" Rin asked, looking at the childish, girly face framed with fiery red hair, cerulean blue eyes sparkling with kindness. It was slightly dimmed, so she could only see because of the minty green glow caused by the medical ninjutsu. The redhead laughed sheepishly.

"Hai, Rin-neechan." The girl replied as she resumed healing the young brunette.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Obito shot up in the dark.

"Rin?! Kakashi?!" He yelled, panicking.

"Damn. I forgot about Obito." He heard a girl mumble.

"Rin! Kakashi!" He was panicking badly now.

"Obito, it's okay!" He heard Rin yell. Obito breathed a sigh of relief. Good. She was safe.

"Kakashi?"

"Don't worry! He's fine!" He heard the girl's voice say.

"Yeah. I'm fine dead last."

Obito had made his way to them and sank to his knees beside Kakashi. He squinted in the dark and heard two pairs of feet making there way over before settling down near them.

The redhead gave a tired sigh making the brunette look at her in concern.

"Are you okay, Aimi-chan?"

"Hai. I just used to much chakra." The cerulean eyed girl replied. "I still have to get you guys out of here though."

Rin was about to say something when the redhead stood up and started focusing chakra into her left hand.

'Please work.' She thought.

"RasenShuriken!" She hurled her brother's technique at the ceiling and it burst into nothing, the rocks falling randomly. She started panting. "Let's get out of here."