chapter 11: nightmare

~Aimi's POV~

'What are we going to do? If this keeps up the way it is, we're going to lose.' I thought.

I didn't noticed that the attack that the ten tails sent was heading my way and when I did it was to late, I closed my eyes waiting for the impact, but it never came.

"You were always to careless." I heard a familiar voice say and my eyes shot opened.

There in front of me was non other then my boyfriend Haruki Hyūga, he protected me from the ten tails attack.

"Ha-Haruki-kun." I called him, just above a whisper while I stared at him with wide eyes.

"Don't look at me like that." He said and fell forward but I managed to catch him, falling to my knees in the process. "Promise me something, okay?" He said/asked me.

"W-what?" I asked shakily.

"Promise me that you'll stay alive, no matter what happens." He said weakly.

"Pl-please don't talk, I-I'll have you healed in a sec--" He cut me off.

"Aimi... you and I both know that... I'm not going to make it out of this one."

"Don't say things like that!" I yelled, crying. "I-I'll heal you!" I said going through the oh so familiar hand signs.

"Just...promise...me, okay?"

"I-I promise, but d-don't you dare leave me!" I said trying to heal him as much as I could.

"I-I love you." He said and closed his eyes as his breathing stopped.

"H-Haruki-kun?" I called, but didn't receive an answer. "Haruki-kun!?" I called again, still no response. "D-don't leave me!" I yelled. "I love you too." The light around my hands slowly vanished as I cried, practically throwing myself over his chest and giving him one last kiss on his ice cold lips.