chapter 3: heading to Konohagakure

Now the problem was, what was he going to do with the children? Tensions were growing with Iwa, it was possible that although they were young they could be spies, but he also couldn't just leave children so young out in the wilderness, the kid was surprisingly light and was most likely malnourished.

"Hey kid, what's your name?" The boy ceased his attempts to get free and a thoughtful expression crossed his face, he opened his mouth to speak, but Aimi beat him to it.

"My name is Aimi and that's my brother, Naruto." She said, earning herself a growl from the fox.

"Nice kit real smooth, you shouldn't had given him your real names!" The kyuubi scolded, she decided to ignore him. "OI! kit don't ignore me!"

"Nice to meet you Aimi, Naruto." Minato said smiling at them. "So, where are your parents? What are you doing out here?"

"We don't have any parents and we aren't exactly sure why we're here." Little Naruto shrugged, unfortunately the poor shirt couldn't take it anymore and the extra movement caused the shirt to rip apart.

Surprised, Naruto let out a little yelp as he fell, he tried to correct his landing, but because he was unused to his new small body he ended up falling flat on his face.

"Naru! Are you okay?!" His sister asked rushing to his side.

"Owwie!" He rubbed his nose and tried to send a glare to Minato, who responded by sheepishly rubbing the back of his head.

"So, who are you?" Aimi asked, helping her brother to his feet.

"Oh, right I'm Minato Namikaze, so how would you two like to come to Konoha with me?"

"BUT SENSEI! THEY MIGHT BE SPIES!" Obito shouted.

"Obito, we can't just leave two little kids alone in the forest." Rin said with a concern look that took in the malnourished little boy and girl. Kakashi was just watching the scene unfold.

'Kurama, what do we do?' Naruto asked the kyuubi.

"Agree, your bodies are weak and they won't last to long in this forest."

"Is there Ramen in Konoha?" Naruto asked, at Minato's nod, both him and his sister jumped for joy and the team headed towards Konohagakure.