chapter 19

~night time~

~third person POV~

"Sensei." Obito called.

"What's the matter?" Minato said in a low voice as Obito sat down next to him.

"I know that teamwork is important. But Kakashi always criticizes me about how I lack discipline, so... I mean... I know that I'm the black sheep of the elite Uchiha Clan and I admit that Kakashi is an awesome guy..." Obito trailed off.

"Kakashi is the son of the genius ninja, Sakumo Hatake. Feared as the white fang of the leaf. Even the legendary names of the Leaf's Three Great Ninja paled before his father's. His childhood years were spent under the shadow of such a genius... so I guess it can't be helped if, at times, he finds you lacking." Minato explained.

"White fang..." Obito echoes. "That's right... I've heard of him too. The hero who died protecting the village. Kakashi never said a word about that..." He said.

"He was a great man... Someone respected by everyone in the village. And naturally, by Kakashi himself. That is, until that incident..."

"Incident?" Obito asked.

"Perhaps, I shouldn't be telling you something like this... But since you're on the same team as Kakashi, I want you to know."

"What happened?"

"Kakashi's father, Sakumo, took his own life after being slandered." Obito's eyes widened in shock. "Five years ago, he was the leader of an extremely difficult mission and infiltrated enemy territory. He was forced to make a choice. The mission or his comrades' lives. Of course, according to the rules of the village, completing the mission was the right thing to do. However, in order to save his comrades, he suspended the mission. That resulted in grave losses to the Land of Fire and the village, and he was blamed for it. What's more, the very comrades he saved also criticized him. The whole ordeal took its toll on Sakumo's health, physically and mentally. And finally, he took his life. From then on, Kakashi never uttered a word about his father, and he strictly began to adhere to every rule and regulation. Obito, try to understand even if it's just a little. Kakashi means well."

Aimi sighed softly as she was hearing the whole conversation from a far with her enhanced hearing. She felt sympathy towards the young Hatake and could somewhat relate to him. She sighed again as she continued to struggle to stay awake, she still wasn't completely used to her younger body. In the end, her struggles were in vain, luckily the kyuubi made sure she wasn't spotted.