01

"Jennifer, I want a different job"

"Like what? We both practically been working at the club for years" She says

"I know but with the money we both earn, it's just not enough to have extra money for our house"

"You're right, but if you try to apply for another job and they find out you've been a stripper, they won't hire you" she said, we both sigh knowing it's true

"Okay tomorrow we'll go to that place Nate was telling us about"

"Alright Blake" She said.

Jennifer has been my best friend since the day we met at the orphanage. I never knew who my parents were, as for Jenni she lost hers in a car accident. The only thing I remember about my mother was that she used to sing me this song she played the guitar with. I don't remember her face, I only remember her voice and she had her nail color dark red, I know that's not a big deal but that's something I'll never forget. The only thing I have of her is that guitar. The most valuable thing in my life.

I don't know if they're alive or not, or how and why I ended up there. Maybe they just didn't want me? Or did something happen that they had to give me up? The day I turned 13 I tried everything to find them and I'm still searching. One of them must have left me there because the workers in the orphanage had my birth certificate, a picture of me when I was 2, and my mom's guitar. I won't lose hope and wherever they are I hope they're happy.

We got off the uber and went to our home we're buying. With the debt I have at the club, I can't save as much. Don't get me wrong, I've always loved to dance it's been my passion and it makes my stress go away in some way. I don't hook up with the pervs that go, I just imagine as if I'm the only one there. I'm not ashamed of my job because that's what I've been living off as. I'm actually really thankful for it, even if it's not the best job out there. It sure helped me.

Everyday when I come home from work I grab my mom's guitar and just imagine her singing to me. I don't know how I remember, I was around 2 years old.

"You'll find them one day, I promise" Jennifer says hugging me. I nod and close the guitar case.

We heard a knock on the door. I open it and it was Nate. My boyfriend .

"Hi beautiful" He says and kissed my cheek

"Hi Nate" I say. I close the door and we all sit on the couch.

"Dominic says you guys are free for tomorrow" He says. When I met Nate I was 20, I was struggling with finding a job. No one wanted to hire me and he suggested for me to work at the club. I took awhile to accept, and now it's the worst decision I've ever made but it's too late to turn back.

"Oh then we can go to the building!" Jennifer said. Nate looks at her confused

"She wants to get another job" She informs him

"Another job? Why?" He asks

"Nate I don't want to be a stripper my whole life, I mean that job helped out so much in my life but I can't do it anymore. Dominic doesn't even tell me how much money I need to pay him back"

"Blake you're his star! Everyone comes to see you! You get him the most money out of all those other girls. If he finds out you're gonna quit-"

"I'm not saying anything just yet. I have to see if I even get another job and what it'll be"

"Just be careful because we all know Dominic will send his people" He says

Inspired by: Ana Obregón
Creator of: Mi Corazón es Tuyo
All my admiration for her amazing talent.