37~ What I've Realised

Start from the beginning

I wasted no time betting ready. Something inside on me was eager to rush away with him. It was indeed borderline frightful but I simply dismissed it.

"Well. Don't you look chipper today Derek" interrupted a cheerful voice that made me stop in my tracks. I hadn't realized that I had a grin across my face till it dropped.

"Tanya.. y-" I blinked at her while taking in the image of her stuffing what looked like a rather large pancake into her mouth. The syrup dripped off the fork and on to the white china.

"good morning to you too... so...." Her eyes wondered around the room for a moment and then settled on me once again. "loooooks like someone had a fun night" she raised an eyebrow playfully.

A rush of blood passed to my face and she chuckled "Hey Haden.. I hear you got lucky.." she continued and winked. I swung around and Haden stood right behind me with a pleased smile on his face.

"you really need to get your sources checked" he chuckled and walked past me.

"foo bad" she mumbled with another mouth full of food.

Haden emerged again with a steaming mug in his hands. I presumed it was coffee; and one he stood next to me I could smell it. It was strong. I never imagined him as a coffee person. I gawked at him yet again. He caught me gawking and nudged his mug towards me. The steam warmed my face... and I imagined the hot liquid running down my throat warming up every cold bit of me. Yet I waved the offer away and watched him take a sip out of it. I hated Coffee.

"Are you going to stand there gawking at me or are you going to eat?" his voice snapped me back to reality. My face blushed a deep red when I realized that I had been staring at him. I really needed help.

I took a seat next to Tanya who was in denim shorts and one of my shirts. My eyes widened when I saw the jagged edges of it. she cut it... she cut my t-shirt! "did you...cut my shirt?" I asked in disbelief.

"hmm...." She looked down at herself and then back up to me with the sly smile. "yeah... this looks very cute don't you think Derek. Very very cute" she mumbled the last bit to herself.

"bu-"

"oh hush... I'll get you a new one" she waved her hand at me and continued her intense relationship with the pancakes. How many exactly had she had? There were four more large pancakes on her plate covered in syrup.

"Hurry up Derek... we don't have all day" suddenly Haden's voice came from behind me and a pancake fell onto my plate. I watched the syrup dribble on it. I love pancakes, much better than coffee.

I wasted no time munching it down. When I looked up Tanya was still sitting there with more on her plate, this time with Ice Cream.. My mouth hung open at the sight. When did she get the Ice Cream?

This can't be natural! How much could she eat?

I got up and dropped the dish into the clean sink before leaving.

"Hope You Get lucky... Derek" Tanya called out while winking and giving me the thumbs up as I walked out. Haden held back his laughter or any sign of a smile and his lips just ended with a crocked smile.

I gave her the finger as I walked out and I heard her laughing aloud behind me.

"So..um" the words echoed as we walked towards his car. He paused and turned to face me. Standing there in front of me it felt as if he was teasing me. I loved him in his suites; nothing looked amazing on him than a suit. The cold autumn wind picked his black tie but he flattened it against his chest and gave me a questioning look while opening the door for me. I focused my gaze on the ground and got into the car without another word.