🌻Chapter Fifty One🌹

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

🌻JAYDEN POV🌻

The baby shower was a complete success. I've never been to a family event quite like this. Everyone was laughing, dancing, playing cards at a few tables and played football in the grass... 

Nothing like any family event that I've ever been to with my family. Nobody in my family actually likes each. They just pretend to. Everybody here is genuinely having fun and enjoying each other.

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. This family was the definition of unconditional love.

"Oh, Jayden love, I'd like you to meet my older sister, Carrie" Eryica introduced me to yet another family member. "Carrie, this is Rose's boyfriend"

Carrie was the same height as Eryica. Same bronze colored skin, same almond shaped eyes, and the same button nose that Rose also had. Her hair was burgundy dreadlocks and was neatly tucked behind her ears. I knew she had to be in her mid or late forties and considering that, she looked extremely good for her age. Carrie shared a strong resemblance to Rose which surprised me. She was beautiful to say the least.

"It's nice to meet you," I reached put to shake her hand and she accepted.

"Very nice to meet you. Aren't you handsome man" she happily shook my hand. She also had the same thick accent as Eryica.

I went on to tell her she was also beautiful.  She blushed and hugged me. We all stool there for a while talking about my relationship with Rose and our plans for the future. I mostly tried to avoid talking about our future since we really had no clue.

Most of the family seemed to like me. Some didn't like me immediately and gave me weird and uncomfortable looks. I can only assume it was because I'm the only white guy here and dating a member of their family. I didn’t take it personally. I fully understand why some people wouldn't approve of Rose being in a interracial relationship. Nonetheless, I treated them with respect and made small conversations. Eventually, they got used to me. Apart of me was thrilled that they seemed to approve of me once they got to know me. The other more arrogant part of me, really didn't care if anyone approved of me... because I'd love Rose the same. Petty opinions could never affect my love for her.

Sky and Brandon were invited but Brandon couldn't make it due to work, but he sent a gift which Sky brought with her. At first she seemed bothered that Brandon couldn't be here. Though all of her annoyance seemed to go away once she spotted Jason. They spent the entire time together. Joking, and laughing and talking literally about anything and everything.

Attraction is a vibe and it's easily felt. When Rose and I were around them, you could literally feel their attention to each other. It was obvious and almost impossible to hide.

I'm almost glad that Brandon didn’t come.  For his sake, it's a good thing he isn't here. It isn't like Sky is cheating but I can only imagine how uncomfortable it would have been to watch your girlfriend have undeniable chemistry with another man. Her ex, to make matters worse.

"So you noticed them too?" Rose suddenly said as she sat beside me.

"Oh yeah" I nodded and sipped my water.

"Should I do something about it?"

"Nah.. They're grown. I'm sure they won't do anything stupid" I shrugged.

"What if they do? Brandon would be pissed.."

"We can't control what they do babe. Sky is gonna have to make the choice herself. I don't think we should get involved" I reached for her small hand and held it mine.