Chapter Thirty-Five

Not So Bad After All
Book One
Chapter Thirty Thirty Five
ROSE POV

—————————————

"You and Jayden huh?" Brandon asked that Friday.

"Yeah," I nodded happily. "Me and Jayden."

"Back," Sky announced as she slid into the booth next to Brandon.

We were at a local soul food restaurant in town called Mama D's. It just opened up last week and Sky was very excited to try this place out. So she suggested a double date with me and Jayden.

WOW, that still feels weird to say but flutters erupted in my chest thinking about him.

"So, what are we talking about?" Sky asked once she settled in, still a little breathless from her trek back out to the parking lot to retrieve her phone from Brandon's car.

"We were just talking about her and Jayden," Brandon said. "How's it great to finally see them together."

Sky grinned at me, "Oh my God, yeah! I'm so excited for them..."

"Annnnd here comes Romeo now," Brandon announced.

Time seemed to slow down entirely as I turned slightly to see Jayden. My heart skipped a beat in my chest and suddenly I forgot to breathe.

Jayden wore a black shirt under his black leather jacket and he pared that with bootcut black jeans. On his feet were black boots.

Yes, he wore black from head to toe and he looked absolutely amazing.

The walkway was Jayden's runway and he was strutting right towards me. His eyes locked on me... The corners of his mouth tilted up in a crooked smile and I couldn't help but to return it.

Jayden looked like he had money but was still rough and rugged around the edges which was true.

I was filled with pride that such a guy was interested in me, but I also felt overwhelmingly insecure at the same time. He looked so... put together... compared to me.

I had on a simple dark gray, off the shoulder, long sleeve sweatshirt with some black leggings. I completed my outfit with some black thigh high boots. My hair was still straightened so I styled it in a middle part and left it down. I wasn't a fashionista like Sky but I always tried to look presentable.

Realizing now that compared myself to both Jayden and Sky. I tried to stop, but once the seed was planted, it grew.

I will always look half ass compared to him. He's Roshe Run and I'm Kmart...

Forcing myself out of my thoughts, I scooted over in the booth to make room for Jayden.
When he sat down, he grasped my hand, brought it up to his lips and kissed it softly a few times. Jayden then leaned over and kissed my lips. Butterflies erupted in belly. His lips were so soft and he tasted so good.

My discomfort vanished immediately. I can not lie. I am totally smitten with this guy...

"Awwwww," Sky coed while holding a hand to her chest. "You guys..."

"Hello," Jayden whispered before we pulled apart.

"Hi," I grinned at him.

"We were just talking about you guys and how we're so excited that you're finally together!" Sky excitedly said, practically bouncing in her seat.

Jay beautifully laughed and stared at my smiling face. A genuine smile on his face that warmed my heart.

"Finally huh?" He asked.