Chapter Thirty Two

Not So Bad After All
Book One
Chapter Thirty Two
-Picture Of Jayden-
Rose's Pov

___________________

I couldn't stop touching my necklace. Every chance I got I just had to touch it to make sure it was there and it was real. Jayden really gifted me a heart shaped diamond locket with our picture in it! Then surprised me even more by wearing the key my heart locket! I got his message loud and clear and my heart was about to explode with emotion.

"Hey, I'm gonna head home," Jay touched my arm, gaining my attention.

By home, he meant his other house. Not the one next door. We all know he hasn't been staying there anymore. My parents didn't ask or say anything about it and neither did I, even though I already knew what happened. We made a group decision not to talk about Jayden's family unless it was necessary. We don't ever want to make him feel uncomfortable around us.

I was worried about him. I wasn't sure how he was going to hold up with celebrating Christmas for the first time in years. He didn't seem too bothered though a little distant sometimes. But I figured that he was just deep in thought. I always wondered where he drifted to in those moments. Besides that he actually seems happy lately. I want to keep him that way.

"Do you have too?" I frowned and peaked out of the window. "The roads aren't looking too good out there."

"I think I'll be okay."

"No, seriously Jay..."

"I love that you're worried about my safety, Mouse. But I'm a big boy. I've driven in worse weather conditions remember?"

I guess he was talking about that bad storm we had moths ago. He came to pick me up at the park because I had to walk home from work that day. I would've been screwed because I lost my keys and had no way of getting into my house. So he saved my ass in more ways than one that day.

"That's not helping," I shook my head. "Besides, my Mom will never let you drive home in this weather. Right mom?" I shouted, knowing that she was somewhere close, listening.

"That's right!" Mom shouted from the living room.

Jay laughed and scratched at his beard. "You got me."

"Guess your stuck here with me," I shrugged.

"I guess if I had to be stuck anywhere with anyone, I'm grateful that it's you," He pinched my chin.

I wish he wouldn't say things like that and I wish he wouldn't smirk at me like that... He just makes my insides feel all mushy.

I unwillingly blushed and averted my eyes from him, not knowing what to do or say after that.

"Well since your staying the night, I'll tell Jason to give you some clothes to sleep in," I changed the subject.

"I'm good. Don't worry about it. I got it covered."

I looked him up and down, taking in his attire, He will definitely be uncomfortable sleeping in those clothes. Black jeans, a long sleeve black shirt and a black leather jacket.

"You sure?"

"Yeah. Be right back," He told me.

I watched him run outside and pop the trunk to his car. Moments later he emerged from outside, shaking the snow off of himself, with a duffle bag on his shoulder.

"Do you always carry a duffle bag of overnight clothes in your trunk?" I asked concerned.

"Yeah well it's kind of a habit now. After being kicked out so many times with nothing. I figured this is just a smart way to always be prepared," He shrugged.

Not So Bad After All (BWWM)(EDITING)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें