🌻Chapter Forty-Three🌻

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

🌻JAYDEN POV🌻

"What the hell is going on?!" Eyica shouted.

"She's not doing well" I told her. "She just won't admit it"

"I keep telling her to slow down. If she keeps going the way she is she'll end up in the hospital or dead" she began to cry.

I hugged her and rubbed her back. "I tell her the same thing. She won't listen".

"My baby is depressed and I can't do anything to help her" she cried in my arms.

That's how I feel right now...

"Do you mind if I stay here tonight?" I asked. "Just to make sure she's okay. I can't can't go home and sleep comfortably knowing she's a mess like this".

"Of course love. You know the answer is always yes. I'll tell Jimmy your staying over tonight"

"Thank you" I rubbed her back. "It's gonna be okay. She'll be okay. She just needs to sleep and when she wakes up we'll make her eat something. I've had enough of this"

"I'll shove it down her damn throat if I have to" she wiped her wet face as we chuckled, trying to lighten the mood.

She sat back down in her chair. Eryica always waited up for Jimmy to get home every night. I look at her and I see my future with Rose. She would sit up and wait for me to come home her while our kids are fast asleep in their beds...

I may be thinking too far though...

"Do you need anything?" I asked Eryica.

"No I'm okay love. You go make sure Rose is okay. Jimmy will be home in a few minutes"

"Let me know if you need anything" I headed upstairs. "Goodnight"

"Night. Love you".

"Love you too"

I had gotten so used to saying that to her by now. At first I was bothered by it. I never really knew what a mothers love felt like... Or to have a family who cares...

I went my whole life thinking the cruel man my I've always known as my father actually was my farther... but he isn't. I was kind of okay without having a farther. I mean,, you can't miss what you never had...

What really bothered me though, has nothing to do with my ridiculous family, but everything to do with how Rose's father, Jimmy, took me under his wing so easily. From the moment I started coming around he hasn't missed one of my games, hasn't broken a promise, and has given me more advice and more guidance than Dick ever has in my whole nineteen years of living. These were people who only knew me as the neighbors kid, accepted me as family quicker than my own actual family... That's what I couldn't understand. Couldn't wrap my head around why they would treat me like one of their own when I'd really done nothing to deserve it.

Stopping the direction my thoughts were going in before they got dark, I quietly opened Rose's Bedroom door. It was locked but she didn't realize that all you had to do to unlock it was giggle the doorknob a certain way. She was laying on her bed. Jacket still on, shoes still on, everything...

She's tired... She hasn't really slept in days. Just an hour here and an hour there...

I took her shoes off and put them by her closest where she usually puts them. I took her jacket off and hung it up. Somehow I managed to completely move her body without waking her. I took her work clothes off and put her pajamas on her. A t-shirt and shorts. I made sure the pillow was under her head the right way and pulled the blanket over her body.