Part 25 ~ Why Are You Still Here?

Začať od začiatku

"Woaah . . Chris . . relax! . . I didn't do it on purpose!"

"Want me to punch you in the face? I swear, it's not gonna be on purpose!!!"

"CHRIS!" I yell, "he didn't mean to hurt me, will you relax?!"

"Pff . . whatever!" Chris says, grabbing his backpack and walking away. I roll my eyes at his stupid, childish behavior and take a seat on the bench right behind me. I'm not really in the mood to play anyway. 

"Jackson"

I look up at Enrico.

"What's the matter with Chris, though?"

"I don't know . . never mind . . ok?"

~ Jordyn's point of view ~ 

I just saw Chris leaving Michael by the basketball court . . he doesn't look very happy. I get up and make my way over to Michael. He smiles, watching me walk up to him. "Good morning" He greets me sweetly, kissing me on the cheek. I can't help but blush.

"Morning, Michael . . you look awfully cute in that shirt"

He smiles. "Thank you"

The morning hours go by fast, thankfully. It's already lunch time. I don't know if I'm eating by myself or if Michael is going to eat with me . . I will just grab my lunch and take a seat by the ping pong table . . if Michael wants to eat with me, he will join me here on his own. I sit down and start eating my sandwich.

I can see from here that Chris and Michael are talking to each other, standing by the school entrance. I wonder what they're talking about. Now they're coming over here. Michael takes a seat on the ping pong table . . Chris takes a seat across from him . . also on the ping pong table.

I'm not gonna lie . . this feels a tad bit awkward to me.

The way he looks at Michael . . it makes me feel very uncomfortable. Some of Michael's other friends are coming, too . . they all take a seat on the ping pong table . . some of them sit down on the benches next to mine.

This feels incredibly awkward. I don't feel comfortable being around so many people. People who usually laugh at me when I walk passed them. The only nice person here is Michael.

I get up and walk up to him. "Can-can we go someplace else?" I ask, hoping he'll agree. But he just looks at me with a confused look on his face. "I really enjoy sitting here . . we're in the shade and it's comfortable here . . why do you wanna leave, Jordyn?"

I look around . . everybody is now looking at me. 

Great.

Now I feel even more uncomfortable. 

"Never mind . . I'll just . . I'll just go back inside, I have tons of homework to do" I say, quickly turning away and walking towards the school entrance. I can hear some of them giggling . . I know they're giggling at me. 

_______________________

After school I wait by the school entrance for Michael to come but he's taking an awful long time to come out of the classroom. I hope he's walking home with me . . and not with Chris. 

I look at my watch.

I've been standing here for about 20 minutes now . . what's taking Michael so long? I take a seat on the bench next to the school entrance. A few minutes later Michael comes walking out . . with Chris . . of course. 

"Michael!"

He stops and looks at me. "Oh, Jordyn! . . were you waiting here all this time?"

"Yes . . I was . . I was waiting for you so we can walk home together"