21| Past

I spent my day becoming one with my bed

I spent my day becoming one with my bed. That's all you can do when you're plagued with your actions of the night before. Any longer, I was starting to believe it would swallow me whole. At least I was making use of myself, analyzing and sorting through every single piece of data on my USB drive.

Busying yourself with a vendetta was the way to go. I never thought I'd be here— devising an end to them. 'An end' sounded too nice, I was going to annihilate them. Whatever the cost, I'd pay.

I didn't feel an ounce of regret.

It was too late for that. When I hit send last night, I set everything in motion. When I paraded myself like a drunken fool, I did not do it, for nothing. Thomas said he had a plan for me. I had anticipated he did before he uttered the words. Unluckily for him, he hadn't realized I'd done the same.

No, I wasn't plagued by that at all.

I closed my laptop having enough of being productive for the day. Stretching, before sauntering off the bed to put on a record. I flipped through the bin, trying to find something Rock n Roll or Metal to match my mood.

Marilyn Manson. Perfect.

I drowned my bedroom in the dirty electric guitar riffs. I bobbed my head to the music letting the beat wreck havoc on my system. Hoping it to be the remedy to get him out of my head.

It didn't.

I had a mountain of things to think about. Yet, he was all I thought about. I hated that I missed him. It was irrational. I had just seen him. Plus, I was still angry. Maybe now, a little more. He didn't get it. I wondered if he ever would.

The cool girl seductress I embodied last night didn't help. I should have gone north pole, give him a cold shoulder instead I went the Sahara Desert and grinded against his lap. It only left me more in a bind, reminding me exactly of the vitality we shared. Though it didn't matter. I refused to go in reverse.

My sister came in, dancing beside me. "You're dancing. Why are you dancing? "she yelled.

I scrunched my eyebrows and lifted my hands. "I'm stressed and this is better than drinking."

"Why? Because the house sold? Natalia mentioned before her flight that you two are moving in together after she finishes packing up her place in New York. Did something happen?"

"Nothing happened, "I retorted, blowing the hair out of my mouth.

She moved her shoulders back and forth. "Fine, dancing it is."

Our hands were in the air, hitting imaginary drums. We shook our bodies not caring if our dance moves matched the music. It wasn't until she started doing the running man that I burst out in laughter. We were laughing so hard that we started choking.

I turned down the music when the song finished. We both plopped on my bed and stared at the glow in the dark stars to catch our breath.

The doorbell chimed. Isabella huffed and scattered off the bed. "I've told Tobias the passcode for the door a million times. Why does he insist on ringing the dang doorbell? Men. I swear. They're Impossible. I hate them."