12.2| Beg

"They slipped briskly into an intimacy from which they never recovered

"They slipped briskly into an intimacy from which they never recovered."

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

I felt soft hands caressing my cheeks, faintly hearing in the distance a sweet angelic voice. I attempt to focus my hearing on the voice but the darkness overpowered, pulling me deeper into its grasp. Dread coursed through my veins causing my throat to constrict.

I tried to open my eyes. But, Nothing. I tried to get up. Nothing, again. Crimson surrounded every inch of surface, my body trembled at the sight while my stomach twists and turns in painful knots.

"Help me, please. Someone help me." I tried to scream but my throat constricts tighter. Each attempt met with powerful resistance forcing tears to escape my eyes. My ears start to whistle with the pressure that has build up.

"Help me," I choke out, the words causing a lingering burn in my throat.

"Shhhhh, it's okay, it's just a nightmare." The silky sweet voice said as her fingers raked through my hair.

My eyelids battered open with my heart hammering in my chest. The room pitch black with an eerie quietness. A reflection of light from the moon through the glass balcony door unveiled the sweet voice wasn't a figment of my imagination. I was not alone. My vision, too blurred and hazy to take in the subject beside me. I peered to the ceiling, my chest heaved as I struggled to retrieve oxygen back into my lungs. Burying my face into my hands, confusion saturated my thoughts. 

My head cocked to the side with the feel of soft lips pressed against my temple. Scarlett kneeled before me, the moon illuminating on her eyes and pouty lips.

"You're okay, it was just a nightmare."

Startled, I pulled her onto the couch. I enveloped her in my arms squeezing tightly. I needed her warmth. She ringed her arms around me resting her head on my chest. The feel of her breath tickling my skin settled my racing heart.

"You were screaming and you- you wouldn't wake up."

An unsettling wave of emotion washed over me with the sound of her brittle voice. I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks as I drowned in shame and embarrassment.

She grasped my chin forcing me to look at her. "Don't tell me you're- embarrassed?"

"I'm sorry for scaring you."

She slid her body lower and placed warm kisses on my scars knowing the cause of my terror. "There's nothing to be ashamed about. Do you forget who you're looking at?"

The feel of her lips on my skin caused an indescribable feeling within, awakening every single one of my senses. With every touch and delicate kiss, I felt my control slowly relinquishing.

As startled as I was, I hadn't realized I pulled her on top of me. Nope, not until I felt a part of me get a little too excited. I gripped her by the waist, settling her beside me feeling her lacy underwear brush against my fingers when the dress shirt raised up. Dirty thoughts infiltrated my mind but I pushed them away as soon as they hit. Not that it would help, having her in such close proximity to me in nothing but a dress shirt was far too tempting.