03| Amnesia

Two weeks had passed since my horrendous breakup, I felt like an empty shell. Taking up space, existing but not truly living. I was disgusted with myself that I had let Thomas break me. I had put too much trust into him that he would not hurt me. Why did he waste four years of my life if he was truly unhappy? He could at least saved me from this misery that I now felt.

I didn't know who the hell I was without him. I had completely lost myself. It was pitiful to admit but it was true. I had my whole life figured out and in one day it was completely destroyed. We had a routine together and now I had nothing. You get so used to things when there's no damn guarantee that they will be there tomorrow. I felt a pit in my stomach just thinking about starting all over again.

It didn't help my battered self-esteem that I was struggling to find a job. I knew it was a long shot to find a job as great as Anderson Corporation. I wished I could swallow my pride and continue to work there. To have the strength within to show him in his face that he didn't break me. But he did, he fucking broke me.

I worked hard for everything I accomplished. It sickened me how he took credit. I busted my tail off day in and out studying to get my Bachelor's of Business. It was important for me to be self-reliable. The last thing I wanted was to ever depend on anyone.

I had to make sacrifices, unlike him to pay off my student loans. Thomas knew how much it stressed me out that for our anniversary he paid them off without my knowledge. I was livid. I never asked Him to, I never asked him for anything. Now, he had the audacity to throw it in my face.

My phone dinged taking my mind away from my temporary rage. I secretly hoped that it was one of the thirty plus places I applied too. I sprinted towards my phone that was across the room on my makeup vanity. I glared at the name my iPhone displayed.

Heartless Asshole: Hey scar, We need to talk, Let's meet.

Did this idiot want to give me a heart attack? What the hell is there to talk about? The only damn place he would be seeing me was in hell.

I deleted the text without replying. Right as I walked away I heard another ding. If it was Thomas again, I swore my head would burst into a million gooey pieces.

To my relief, it was my best friend Natalia. I had met Natalia in Kindergarten since then we had been inseparable. Recently, we had not been as close because she had moved to New York when she finished her marketing degree. She wrote that she was in town and wanted to meet up at a new nightclub called Azul. There was no way I could refuse, a night out with my best friend is what I needed.

I was determined to let loose. I couldn't remember the last time I went out alone. I've actually had never gone to a nightclub before. It was kind of pathetic that I did not have much life experience. Work, college and Thomas had preoccupied all my time and to be honest my ideal night out was binge-watching shows on Netflix and eating junk food.