11| Storm

Warm fuzzy feelings took over as I wrapped my chocolate brown hair over the styling wand

Warm fuzzy feelings took over as I wrapped my chocolate brown hair over the styling wand. Images flashed in my mind-Elias's soft lips, him defending my honor, our hands laced together. But as soon as the warm fuzzy feelings came they were overpowered with a much uglier feelings, doubt and confusion. It was totally my thing to overthink things to a bloody pulse. Like a doubled edge sword I was also graced with impulsiveness, impulsiveness that did more harm than good.

Accident or not, I had acted on impulse when I settled on my bosses lap and kissed him. A boss I had sworn myself to stay away from. I had convinced myself that my actions were because I couldn't bear to upset the sweet older woman but was that really why? Or did I find myself fighting the urge to comfort him unbearable and the sweet older lady was just an excuse. If I had just stayed seated things would have been less complicated than they are now.

The moment I laid eyes on Elias I was captivated, intrigued and curious.Drawn into him by some unknown force. I figured it was just sexual desire and maybe at first it was. But when our lips found each other again it revealed it wasn't just lust.

In lust there is no romance, no getting to know each other, it's just sex. I would know all about that because it's how Thomas and I's relationship was built off.

I was an impressionable 18 year old girl going through a hard time, who was lonely, angry, and miserable. I felt like I was drowning while things at home were crumbling beneath my feet. When I laid eyes on Thomas he was distraction from the pain I felt. When he gazed at me there was insatiable hunger in his eyes. A hunger that could only be satisfied by claiming me as his. Instead of going against it, I gave in to him, into temptation.

My heart pounded in my chest with every soft kiss he laid on my skin, with every delicate touch my loneliness evaporated. In the moment, I didn't care if it was my first time,or if we were nothing but mere acquaintances. I was desperate to feel anything, anything other than despair.

Euphoric feelings fled soon after our heated passion leaving me with a bigger void than before. I was naïve to think sex would be anything other than a temporary fix. I swore to myself it was a onetime thing but as two lonely broken people we found each other again and again. I was comforted with the false feelings of closeness. Sex was like a drug, a natural pain reliever that numbed all my pain.

Before I realized it, I was already entangled into his grasp with his claw sunk deep into heart. I felt like I was in love, on cloud nine every time we were together. I knew there was no turning back and since then had been his...well until a month ago.

My stomach churned with the memory. A month and some change was all it took.

I felt betrayed by my own heart. I couldn't help but feel riddled with guilt. How could I be convinced that I was going to spend forever with someone, be absolutely heartbroken about it when it ended, to now feeling whatever I felt for Elias.