04| Daggers

"Scarlett, wake up!" My sister yelled as she pulled the comforter off my body.

"What the hell is your problem?" I hissed snatching my comforter back.

"Geeze, I forgot how moody you are in the morning. I need you to take me to school."

Her voice felt like daggers against my skin. Why did she have to talk so loud? My head was spinning. Ever since my first experience getting wasted, I had found myself doing it more and more. I wasn't exactly proud of it but hey at least I didn't make out with a stranger again.

"Fine, give me five more minutes," I mumbled as I shut my eyes and started to get comfortable again.

"No, we need to go now Scarlett or I will be late. Dad is passed out on the couch and you're my only option."

"Ugh fine, let's go."

The last thing I wanted is to get out of bed. I felt like death. But since my father is an irresponsible parent I have no choice. It's a scary world when the person with a hangover is the only responsible option.

My sister stayed quiet the whole ride, almost as if she was holding words back. I didn't bother to press her to speak. I couldn't deal with any kind of communication in my current state. I was having a hard time focusing on the road.

"You smell like death Sis. Please shower for the sake of everyone's nostrils." Isabella teased as her lanky body exited my car. I rolled my eyes at her for what felt like an eternity. I hated to admit but she was right I smelled rank.

As soon as I got home, I jumped into the shower.  The water was hot leaving my flesh a rosy red colour. I felt truly at ease, as my thoughts wandered off.

It had been a month since everything went down and two weeks since I had made out with a random stranger. Just the thought of him made my back tense up. I wasn't sure why I had felt guilty.

I didn't know how to feel. Of course I wasn't over Thomas, History like that could not be simply forgotten with a strangers kiss. At the same, every time our lips touched I felt like I was on fire. I had never felt that alive with Thomas.

That man never left my mind, he consumed my thoughts. His lips, touch, and intoxicating smell were unforgettable.

I turned off the shower and wrapped the towel over my bare body. I dried myself off and threw on a big Metallica t-shirt. I could not bother getting dressed today. Only sleep could cure this hangover. Heading towards my room, I lazily threw myself on my bed covering myself with the velvety soft comforter. As soon as my eyes shut I felt myself drifting away, far far away...

I mentally screamed when I heard my phone ring in the distance. I debated on not answering but the endless possibilities of who it might be plagued me.

Hmm, I don't recognize the number it must be one of the places I applied to.

I quickly sat up and cleared my throat before answering. "Hello, Scarlett Delacruz speaking."

"Hello, Ms. Delacruz. This is Tracy from Castellano Enterprises. Our Chief Executive was very impressed with your resume and would like to set up an interview. Does three work for you?"

I couldn't believe it. Castellano Enterprises was Anderson's leading competitor. I had applied thinking it was a long shot since I was recently graduated and didn't have much experience.

I did a silent victory dance, trying to respond as cooly as possible. "Yes, sounds great! I will be there at three."

"Awesome! When you arrive just ask the front desk secretary for further instructions. Goodbye Ms. Delacruz."

I wasn't going to let a once in a lifetime opportunity slip away. This was my chance to prove to myself that I could do anything. I never thought I would graduate, let alone get a job with one of the leading companies in America.

It would be something I earned on my own merit. I always felt like the only reason I was hired at Anderson Corporation was because of Thomas. I am sure he had to pull strings to get me hired there. At the time I had no prior experience.

I bolted off my bed, I needed to wear something professional...an outfit that screamed 'This bitch means businesses.' I wondered silently if I should wear Slacks, a pencil skirt or a nice dress?

My hands started to become clammy, my face burning hot. Right now, was not the time to have anxiety but of course, I could not help it. I inhaled a slow breath and reluctantly pulled the black pencil skirt up my thighs. I paired it with a nice white blouse and black heels. I looked in the mirror giving myself a reassuring look.

"You got this, you're going to win over the chief executive's heart."

****
I opened the elegant gold doors of Castellano Enterprises. The building had to be at least 60 or more stories high. The décor, modern and sleek.

I continued to walk until I saw the front desk clerk. The beautiful woman had blonde straight hair and had to be in her early twenties. She wore an elegant grey knee-length dress with simple black pumps.

"Hello, how can I help you?" She said in a sweet innocent voice that made me feel less nervous.

" Uhh I-, Yes I have an interview with the Chief executive."

"Oh wow, that's surprising Mr. Castellano usually doesn't deal with interviews. He must be very impressed with you to take the time out of his schedule. Take the elevator to left and go up to the 65th floor. When you hit the 65th floor his office will be on your left. Good luck."

I gave her a quick smile as I walked into the elevator. I was nervous before but now knowing that Mr. Castellano usually doesn't interview people made it worse.

Stay focused, Scarlett you got this.

The elevator dinged and I was finally on the 65th floor. My breath steadied as I saw his office and gave a firm knock.

"Come in," A man with the deep voice stated.

I opened the door, keeping my eyes on the ground. I did not want to fall and make a fool out of myself. When I reached the black chair in front of his desk, I looked up.

I suddenly felt queasy, feeling all the color drained out my face. Those prominent dark brown eyes, that chiseled face. He was an indelible man, one that was not easy to forget.

Elias.

The same man I kissed two weeks ago. Elias is the CEO? Elias from the club is the esteemed businessman Elias Castellano?

He looked even more dominant than before. His expensive black designer suit tailored to every ridge of his body. Elias seemed unfazed by my presence. Did he not remember who I was? Of course, he didn't. Why would he remember the drunk embarrassing woman from the club?

The intimidating handsome man I made out with on my darkest day had to be the CEO of the company I applied for. Defeated and hopeless, I acknowledged this position was no longer an option.

Giving me a dashing smile his husky voice spoke again.

"Hello, Ms. Delacruz. Have a seat."