09| Haze

I rubbed my hands over my eyes trying to wake myself from my slumber. My skin warm under the soft velvety blanket. I decided five more minutes of sleep wouldn't do any harm. I swirled myself to my side to get more comfortable but a strong weight kept me in place. I opened my eyes, blinking them to adjust my hazy vision to find Thomas. He looked peaceful almost angelic as he slept completely unaware of my gaze.

His head laid on my chest as if it were a pillow while his arms wrapped around my bare stomach in a death grip reminding me that I was in nothing but my lacy undergarments.

I mentally noted that stripping in front of my ex-boyfriend to prove a point was added to the list of stupid things Angry Scarlett did without thinking. My heartbeat stilled as I replayed every single moment from Thomas dropping the marriage bomb, to him literally kidnapping me and sticking his tongue down my throat.

I would be lying if I said a small, very small part of me didn't enjoy his lips on mine. For a small moment, it took me away until I realized he was probably seducing me to forgive him then anger took place of the warm feelings.

He must really think of me as some foolish girl or maybe I was foolish before and now I was seeing him for who he truly was.

Part of me was like Scarlett, you are overreacting, he loves you forgive him the other part was like he is a lying piece of shit run far away now. The most logical choice was the latter, there's no way I could let him stick his claws into my heart again.

And with that thought, I broke myself from his tight hold as I grabbed my clothes from the floor and ran.

I had made my way to the bottom of the stairs before I slipped with my bottom meeting the cold hard step. I winced in pain, my breathing rapid, like a dog panting for air. I gripped my hand on the staircase as I lifted myself dropping my hands to my knees to try to catch my breath.

The bright idea of putting my clothes back on finally hit me, there's no need for me to go to jail for public indecency. I heard a faint noise coming from the bedroom, my stomach churned, as I hurried to put on my jeans. The noise grew increasingly closer.

I bolted to the front door keeping my eyes focused on the staircase. I pulled the handle repeatedly but it wouldn't budge.

I averted my attention to the door noticing the giant keypad above the lock. I pressed numerous codes, from Thomas's birthday to even my name but nothing.

Loud sirens rang loudly, so loud it was almost deafening. If Thomas didn't notice my absence he sure as hell would now. I tried to ignore the sirens as best as I could and continued trying to unlock the door.

Panic set in, as the loud sirens went silent.

I slowly turned my body around and saw Thomas steel eyes staring straight at me. Thomas walked slowly towards me his jaw clenching with each step. He was now dangerously close, my back trapped against the metal frame of the door.

I turned my head to the side in an attempt to avoid his threatening glare. He punched the door right above my head causing the metal door to shake violently. The force alone sent chills down my back. He grabbed my waist pulling me closer to him "Going somewhere, honey?"

I cleared my throat turning my head to look at him "Just thought I would go for a walk." finishing my statement with a fake smile. His face went from deadly to friendly real quick as he probably realized the fear in my eyes.

Thomas had never put his hands on me but that didn't mean I didn't know better than to rattle his feathers when he was angry. To say he had some unresolved anger issues was an understatement.