Part 40

Zhe Yan once again woke in complete darkness.  He had heard Ye Hua talking to him before he once again felt the overwhelming feeling of sinking deeper and deeper into oblivion, as a heavy compression on his soul became too much and he lost awareness.  

Knowing that this was a dark magic that belonged to The Ghost Tribe, the same one that Li Yuan had used on Xiao Wu, Zhe Yan knew, if he didn't get help, his spirit would be dead within days.

"Su Jin." he called to the girl.  The last time he had spoken to her, she had been very weak, but it had been a long time ago, and he hadn't heard her speak since.

"Don't speak. Con.... serve your.... ener.... gy." she whispered softly.  

She was right.  Talking was tiring him out.  He had to think of a way out for both of them while he was still strong enough to do something.  His mind quickly scanned through all the people that he knew.  It had to be someone who had ease of access to the infirmary if Ye Yua was guarding it, which he knew he was and that someone had to be within the Palace itself so as not to raise suspicion with a sudden appearance.  But the most important, that person needed to have the rank to stop him.

And there was only one person he knew of that could help them, but it would require precious energy.  And being the only option they had, he didn't hesitate.  Opening his mind, he allowed it to soar beyond the confines of Su Jins body.

________________________________________________________

Arriving at The Celestial Palace, I did not bother to address the guards.  Being the God of War and a Celestial hierarchy, I didn't have to.  Instead I made my way directly to The Grand Hall. Before I took back my future wife, there was one objective that needed to be cleared immediately.  Something I should have done long ago.

It was early afternoon by the time I arrived, and though I felt she would be safe, I did not at all trust my brother.  The man had too many faces, and the one I saw was dark and dangerous and nor was it to be trusted, but I did trust Qian Qian.  Regardless, that she had already been here for 2 weeks, was enough to move me swiftly through the long corridors of The Celestial Palace.

"Mo Yuan.  To what do we owe the pleasure of this visit." Lian Song asked surprised, but happy to see him.

"Greetings Lian Song.  Is Yang Cuo about?" then thinking I added two more names.  "Also Si Ming, Di Juns Star Lord and Lord Pu Hua?"  

"Of course, with Ye Huas Coronation due, we are all here to assist with the preparations." he said with a side ways glance.  "Can I ask what this is about?" his suspicions were aroused, but I ignored them.

"I will explain when the others have gathered." I said.  "I don't have a lot of time, let's go." I said rather brusquely as I led him forward, and though I held no malice for Ye Huas second Uncle, I knew, that of all The Celestial Family, this one was the closest to my brother, I could not allow him to notify him of my presence just yet.

By the time I had gathered our small group and explained my intentions which they were all in agreement with, we made our way directly to Xiwu Palace. Not that I expected there to be a problem, after all they all knew of my intentions regardless.

Our arrival was nondescript, in fact I was half expecting Ye Hua to be waiting for me.  "Ahhhh, bother, you have arrived." Ye Hua smiled, which as before, did not reach his eyes.  "And I see you have brought my Uncles with you." he added as his eyes darkened.  "Had I known we were going to have a family gathering, I would have prepared." he said, as he moved aside to allow everyone in.

On entry, the first thing I saw was Qian Qian. That she was sitting comfortably in his chamber casually drinking wine as if she were merely passing the day away, brought my anger to the fore. She may as well have been in his damn bed.