Part 14

It is just after midday, and having a new surge of energy and the return of so many memories in one morning, I am wanting to continue with the interviews of my disciples as quickly as possible, before I leave to seek out Bai Qian and The Fan of Kunlun, though having returned to Qing Qiu to begin her marriage trial, I am hoping she will be allowed to see me.  

Sending Die Feng to fetch my 6th disciple, I prepare myself in my study for his arrival and after this mornings meeting with 5th, I am feeling the excitement of learning about them all.  So far, the ones I have met, have not only returned memories to me, but their personalities as well as their gifts have been impressive.  

I am idly reading a scroll when Die Fengs soft knock on the door announces the arrival of my 6th disciple, but looking up at him, I see not one, but two disciples enter.  Both boys are introduced to me as Guozhi my 6th disciple and Liang my 7th disciple, twin brothers,  though looking at them, you wouldn't know it.  

They could not be more different.  Guozhi is the taller of the two and though their hair is exactly the same, their facial features are not and nor is their demeanor.  Guozhi face is far more expressive and he is openly smiling, whereas Liang stands behind his brother, his face closed.  There is no emotion at all within his face or his eyes, in fact he reminds me of Jun Ah.

Guozhis eyes are a very light brown, that only adds to his charm when he smiles whereas Liangs eyes on the other hand are a light green which gives his glare a more menacing tone, though I do feel it is unintentional, it is just the way he is.

Once the greetings are over, I invite both boys to sit before explaining the intention of the interview. 6th immediately takes over, which I am fully expecting as 7th sits quietly next to his brother, his eyes are fully on my face, and though I feel no malice, his glare is a little unsettling.

Guozhi immediately begins to tell me of their upbringing amid wild animated hand gestures, and much movement of his body.  He is a highly excitable boy who enjoys talking so much, I can barely keep up with him, though Liang remains quiet and impassive beside him.  

Raised in the Southern Low Valleys by their parents who are both acclaimed healers, the boys are both schooled in the same art, an art they both excel at, though their individual strengths are in different fields of healing. Having learnt all that their parents could teach them, they were then sent to me for further training.

 Guozhi goes on to inform me, his healing specialty is the realigning of the bodys energy centers, a field that he has apparently become an expert in, though it is hard to imagine, when he is jumping about all over the place, suggesting his own centers need alignment.

Then turning to face Liang my 7th disciple, he merely continues to stare at me, which is now becoming irritating not to mention a little confusing.  He has yet to speak, and I am wondering if he even has the ability to speak when he suddenly does. "Yes I am able to speak, my field of expertise is in the mind." he says softly.  His voice is most enchanting, its almost hypnotic.  "If you don't mind me saying so Shifu, yours is fully open."

"Open?" I ask stunned.  "Are you reading my mind?" I can feel myself angering at the thought.  No one has the right to read anothers mind, it is an invasion of privacy which I am very much opposed to.

Turning in his seating, to fully face me, he smiles slightly, which almost looks like a grimace.  "Not at all Shifu.  Your mind is so open, every thought is clearly visible." he explains, giving me an idea of the power of his gifting.  A gifting that could be dangerous in the wrongs hands, and I don't like it.

"Then allow me to close it." he says, answering my now obviously open minded thought, immediately causing me to still my thoughts all together.

Instantly both boys rise and suggest I follow them back to my own bed chamber, and like Qi my 5th disciple,  I am curious as to what will unfold and what 7ths ability to close my mind will entail.  Gouzhi continues his sporadic body movements and non stop chatter beside me as we walk and Liang trails slowly behind without a word, his face impassive and unreadable.