Part 6

The girl!  The same one from my dream, which did not do her justice as she stands before me now.  Up close, the exquisite loveliness of her features overwhelm me.   She is breathtaking. 

 Though dressed in a simple gown of lilac and peach blossom pink, it does not hide her curvaceous womanly figure, which I try desperately to keep my eyes from lingering on for too long.  Her dark jet black hair, which is pinned lightly at the back of her head, is now littered with peach blossom petals, but they only heighten the soft brown doe eyes that are staring back at me.  With a soft smile rising on her heart shaped face, I watch as her full red lips rise upwards as her hands also slowly rise to greet me.

And it isn't just the dream that gives me a feeling of familiarity, but the woman herself feels familiar.  Very familiar.  I wait in anticipation.  I need her to talk so I know if she is the same one from the dark raging storm of death.  So I know if she was the one calling to me, begging for my return.  Then suddenly I see Si Yin, he is kneeling before me, I am in deep mediation, but he is there begging me to save him from the Ghost Realm.  How odd, to see him now.

"Bai Qian greets The Honorable High God Mo Yuan." she says as she cuts through my wandering thoughts.  Her voice is gentle and soft and blends in with the light breeze that is wafting through her hair which releases her scent.  It overtakes my senses,  though it is the scent of the same Peach Blossoms I can smell from these woods, hers seems so much more fragrant.   But her voice, I can't tell if it is the same one.  Please say something else, I ask to myself.

"I am terribly sorry for my uncivilized invasion of your privacy.  Please accept my humble apologies."  she asks as she once again bows before me.

That voice!  There is no mistaking it now.  The gentle pleading of her voice as she speaks is the same voice I heard from the darkness.  She said her name is Bai Qian, so she is Bai Zhis daughter, The Queen of Qing Qiu, and Si Yins sister.?  I can see the similarities between the two now, they are almost identical.  Twins?

Suddenly she frowns and I realize I am staring hard at her, so I soften my eyes to take the frown from her delicate face.  I want so much to see the smile return, so I begin to talk to her, more in the hope to keep her a little longer, but also to see if she is able to bring forward any memories and why she feels so familiar to me.

"Bai Qian of Qing Qiu?  Daughter of The Fox Clan?"  I ask, as I find my voice, which unfortunately comes out sounding like a broken rasp, as I try to pull myself together.  Suddenly there is pain in my chest again but it is manageable, so I hide behind it and force a smile to cover it.

As I speak, I notice her hand suddenly rise towards her own chest over her heart and her smile instantly disappears as pain flickers across her face.  Reaching out with her other hand to stop me moving closer as I rush forward to offer assistance, she suddenly turns and disappears in a cloud of smoke leaving me dumb founded.

What just happened? The pain in my chest is easing, but I don't mistake the pain she also had as I was speaking.  Did she feel my pain and take it on as her own?  But that makes no sense.  Though she feels familiar, she is my brothers child, so why would she feel my pain? Why did she leave so suddenly, if she needed help?   It makes no sense at all.  But as my own pain has eased, perhaps hers has too?

Finding my way to a small bench seat, I sit down. I need to recap the information I have learned so far, and the girl, Bai Qian now seems to be the clue to unlocking many memories.  But there are so many questions.  Why would I see her face when the Crown Prince turned around?  Why would an image of her brother come to me as I'm talking to her and why did we share the same heart pain?  There was also the image of Si Yin that I had earlier, where his features seemed to alter slightly before I lost it again.  In fact, of the memories that have returned, the majority of them have revolved around Si Yin and his sister.  Si Yin and his sister.  There's something about the two of them.  But what?