Part 24

The Soul

Immediately we moved in led by myself and fully undercover. The Fox Clans Magical Barrier is impenetrable and strong, and our movements go undetected as we descend upon the main courtyard directly outside the North Wing. There are guards everywhere, and having visited the Palace in the past, I do not recall seeing so many, and if we were not aware of the reason for them, the amount would seem extreme, but we ignore them as we make our way through the main entrance.

The first thing we are met with is a continuous line of guards, all of them belonging to the Ghost Realm and all of them are heavily armed. So moving aside so Qiang can lead, he immediately opens his Soul Searching gift. Once he hears her call, he leads us forward taking us through a maze of hallways and staircases. And with Shens senses heightened along with my own Dragon sight and hearing open and alert, our movement is brisk and without pause, as we continue to pass enumerable guards and Palace Staff.

It is when we reach an enormous amount of thick black Ghost Clan haze, that we know we are drawing close, and isn't until Qiang slows right down, that I know we are near, the scent of the black hazy barrier is strong and vile, that Zhe Yan begins to turn a dark shade of red.  Then coming to a complete halt outside a chamber that is lined with Ghost clan guards we prepare ourselves quickly.

Moving in close so we are now tightly packed together and our swords drawn, I transport us all through and beyond Li Yuans thick barrier and directly into the chamber where Bai Qians soul is being held.

Knowing that our presence would be immediately known once we pass through the barrier, we were are prepared and we are not disappointed when we we're instantly met by flying swords and whips as Li Yuans guards seek to expel us from the chamber. There are over one hundred guards in the chamber, but we are ready for them as Zhe Yan unleashes a fiery burst of Phoenix energy into the fray, paving a way forward for us as we slash, and slay our way through them all.

Seeing her soul, which is being held in a large glass jar behind a thick barrier of Li Yuans magic, I raise my sword and expel a thunderous burst of energy at the guards who are making their way towards her, their swords raised and prepared to kill, which instantly shatters them into a black mist to unravel into the underworld, while simultaneously Qiang, Shen and Qi, fight vigorously and violently killing every guard in the chamber. And while we are in full combat, Zhe Yan has lowered the barrier surrounding her and is now cradling Bai Qians soul which he immediately wraps into a Fox Clan Barrier of immense power and strength which not only keeps her safe, but nourishes her wounded soul.

Li Yuans guards are no match for our strength and fighting skills, it is under 15 minutes, and we have killed every single guard in the chamber. But there is no time to waste, Immediately gathering my Disciples tightly towards me with Zhe Yan between us, we all aim our swords at the door and unleash the most powerful thunderous bolts of lightening, throwing the door outwards and into the hall beyond killing every guard on the other side who have now arrived, alerted to our presence and the noise of our battle.

Then enveloping us all in his Phoenix fired barrier, Zhe Yan speeds us all to the exit, his fiery barrier killing and destroying everything in our path, the feeling I have is euphoric and jubilant as he finally leads us back to the main courtyard. With only seconds to spare before a fresh wave of guards and Ghost Clan warriors arrive, I cloud jump us all back to Kunlun Mountain.

Her soul has definitely suffered damage, she is weak but still fighting strong, and now that she is back, both Zhe Yan and I work to continue feeding and nourishing her with our own energy while we wait for her body, gently talking to her and keeping her alert.

______________________________________________________

The Body

Bai Zhen,   Kuan Sheng,   Zhi Lan, and  Xiang Ru immediately lower themselves down into the main courtyard of the South Wing of the East Seas Palace under a thick impenetrable and invisible barrier provided by Bai Zhen. And like the North Wing, this part of the Palace is also heavily guarded, with soldiers provided by Li Yuan.