Return to sender.

Rebecca's POV

I walked through the tunnel and the further I walked the further I could feel my connection with Grace strengthen

"Rebecca - I was so scared. I thought I -" Grace cried out.

"You didn't lose me. I'm right here, I think we just died and now we're going back - why does the weird things always happen to us - not that I'm complaining... Grace - I'm pregnant! " I smiled while walking through the darkness.

"I know... I heard the conversation you had with the goddess and Serena. I felt so safe around the goddess, she's so serene and pure... so understanding and kind. I never thought we'd ever be in the face of such greatness. You're having twins and I can not be happier! " Grace howled in happiness.

I giggled and the next thing I knew I vanished.

I slowly returned to a cincuous state. My ears were ringing and my vision was distorted. My head felt like it had been rammed through the wall a billion times. The ringing slowly silenced down and the pain subsided.My vision cleared and I realised I was laying down in a glass box.

Panic struck me as I realised I was in a coffin. I felt claustrophobic... and above all I was scared! I was living the nightmare we all have about being buried alive. I pushed the coffin above my head - I was weak and it took a while to open. The fresh air swept my nostrils and I felt - alive!

I felt my tummy and smiled to myself. I was in the foyer - in the middle of the palace, flowers were placed around me and I didn't know whether to be pleased or upset. How does one react when they return from the dead? my feelings contradicted each other. I looked around and there were no guards... I got out of the glass coffin and stood on my two feet. I nearly fall over - I swayed to the left until I stabilised. I was dressed in a white dress and I never felt more anxious in my life.

Clutching my stomach, I made my way to the sounds I heard in the distance. I needed to eat - I felt as if I could eat an entire whale and still have space for dessert. I began to walk down the familiar passageways.

The further I walked the louder the sounds of people were audible. I was walking towards the sounds and I could smell food... I had butterflies in my stomach and I was grateful to be given a chance... my children saved me from death, a sentence I thought I would never say in my life. I was happy to see Xander - I felt so cold and scared the last time I saw him... he cried when I last saw him which made my heart skip a beat and squeeze when thought about it.

I was deep in thought - how was I going to explain all this without him dying from a heart attack?

I heard loud, horrific and shrill screams - the guards saw me and their eyes widened as they ran in the opposite directions. I tried to stop them and explain but they were too fearful to stop and listen - I wouldn't blame them, I hadn't had the energy to shout.

"Ghost! The queen ohstom roams out halls! Help!!! somebody get the king - she's comeback to finish us all! " a guard screamed in horror and he caused the other guards to go screaming for the hills.

"Please - wait! " I called after them - I didn't know whether to laugh or be upset.

"Please, come back. "I whispered softly.

" I'm way too sober for this! " another guard said with a pale face and widened eyes. He dropped his weapons while all the other guards ran and he followed behind them.

I stopped in my tracks as I faced the door with the smell of food.My stomach growled and I couldn't bare the hunger!

I pushed the heavy door open after much energy and i walked in slowly- I should have went up to my room- but there were too many stairs and the hunger drove me here- I needed to see Xander. I missed him too much and I wanted to tell him that I am pregnant. I couldn't stop smiling about that which must have made me appear sinister to the guard's who ran for their lives.

I walked in and the people who noticed me dropped whatever they were holding, hung their mouths open and screamed their lungs out. The high pitched screams were enough to make me whince. I wasn't used to loud sound yet.

"The queen! Her ghost is -"a woman's high pitched voice echoed in the now silent room.

"Please -you " I was interrupted by guards who began to move in on me with weapons.

"How do you kill a ghost? " One guard said with wide eyes.

"Please - I'm not dead, listen to me please. " my pleads fell on deaf ears.

My eyes scanned the room for Xander. The room was silent and people began to move as someone made their way towards me. The scent of pine trees, fresh mint and the forest hit my nostrils and I knew it was Xander.

His eyes widened - dark circles were visible under his eyes, his complexion sallow and he looked worse than I did... I felt guilty but happy to see him.

"Xander I -" I smiled.

His mouth hung open - as if he were seeing a ghost before him. He took a sword from the guard's and pushed me against the wall, he had the sword against my neck. My eyes were filled with horror and dread.

"It can't be! " He shouted and he was angry.He shook and his eyes held uncertainty.

"Xander - I'm pregnant. We're having twins. A son and a fire sister. " I welled up and his eyes softened. He dropped the sword and his mouth opened and closed like a fish put of water. His stern face curved and his eyes held warmth again. I looked at him and I saw my Xander. He smiled widely like a five year old on Christmas morning. He embraced me and kissed my hair.

"I thought I lost you. " He said after taking in my warmth and scent.

"For a minute their I thought you did too. "I interjected.

He rubbed his palms against my belly and kissed me as if he hadn't in a million years. The crowd, uncertain of what to do began to clap slowly as our souls reunited.

"We're having babies. We're going to be the best parents ever. " he chuckled and I blushed.

I wrapped my hands around his neck while he hugged me again. I got my second chance and there was no Jacob , Lyra or kiara in this life...

-----------------------------
Twelve months later.

"Xander, pass me Zach and Thea's pyjamas please. " Xander and I were making things work... the twins brought so much of joy and love into our lives and i really couldnt imagine my life without them. Ever since what we've been through, it sparked an awakening in Xander and I, we work better together and Xander is the greatest dad ever.

He was carrying the twins on both his arms while he hushed them to sleep. I watched him bounce slowly while they closed their eyes and drifted off to sleep. He put them down to bed and watched them sleep in their cots and I joined him,he wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed my forehead. we stood in the quiet, dimly lit room and he turned to me and smiled. His eyes held so much of love for the twins and I, he's grown so much - he's become no re collected and understanding. He cares more than he knows and that makes him perfect in my eyes.

"I'm glad I met you, you've taught me so much in the year's I knew you and most importantly - you taught me how to love again. Our children are so beautiful and you are so beautiful. I'm glad we got to build our picture perfect life. "

I teared up and hugged him. If there's one thing I learnt from the last few months it's that there's a huge difference between saying you love someone and actually fighting for that love. Things that are worth it does not come easy - it never does.I'm glad I met Xander and I'm glad to have a life with him.

We stood holding onto each other and I knew that for the rest of my life, Id be glad waking up with Xander and the twins in my life.

We finally got our picture perfect life.

The end!