Scream.

Just like every other day, I completed my chores and by the evening I had some free time. I decided to walk around the pack. I saw many homes, each different from the next. They were luxurious homes. Every home was furnished and built by the finest materials known.

People gave me nasty looks. I still haven't been accepted into this pack. I smell of a rogue and am omega. Without the acceptance ritual I am basically a werewolf stuck in limbo. I had a pack and at the same time I didn't. I didn't mind because I didn't fall subject to the alpha. I hate the idea of trusting someone so blindly. A couple and their child looked at me with disgust.

"That is a rogue. You don't want to end up like her. ", the woman told her son while pointing at me. I could sense their dislike for me. Everywhere I went whispers followed. Their words didn't seem to affect me. I was walking back to the palace (as the omega's chamber's are linked to the palace) when I felt dizzy again. I lost my balance and had to sit down on the grass for a while.

"Why is this happening to us?" - Grace asked.

"I wish I knew.. "-I replied

"Maybe it's the mate bond? We haven't been accepted by our mate. Maybe it's your bodies way of coping with... "

"With what? "

"Rejection. "- Grace exclaimed softly.

"That's unlikely. Xander said he was not going to be the first Alpha King to reject his mate... "

I continued walking until I reached the palace. I was instantly greeted by a horrific sight.

Xander and Lyra were having a heated make-out session against the door to the omega chambers.

I shifted my weight to one foot. Seeing him with another woman burns. It's like rubbing salt onto an open wound. It stings. It burns. It's torture.

"I really hate to interrupt, but I have to get through. ", I said bluntly.

"You're jealous aren't you, little rouge? "Xander said with a smile.

"Of course she's jealous. Look at her and look at me. She probably never had any man throw himself at her. ", Lyra spat trying to hurt me.

Well I would be lying if I said I did the dirty deed with a man. I was saving myself for my mate.

"I'm not jealous Alpha Xander, neither am I offended by your choice of words, at least I know my worth and I don't spread my legs for every man I see, "I shot and glared at Lyra for the last part, "I've had my fair share of man-candy over the past few years and I highly doubt that Xander could satisfy my needs or any girls for that matter. Now, if you would excuse me-I'd like to go to my room. "

Lyra looked at me in horror. I just called her a slut and I just dropped Xander's manhood down the drain.

"Come clean the kitchen after supper! ", Was all Lyra could say to get back at me.

Xander was surprisingly quiet. It was unlike him.

---

After supper I went to clean the kitchen as instructed to. It was isolated in here.

"You've been with other men before? ", I heard Xander say while he stood around me. I swear he pops out if nowhere when you least expect it. I turned around and his eyes raked my body.

" What's it to you? "

"You're my mate. You are not allowed to look at another man. Is that clear", he whispered in a deadly tone while he pinned me up against the wall. He's hands were on either side of my body.

I was so close to him. His scent filled my lungs. He touched my cheek and his eyes softened. Sparks flew at first contact. His touch felt so soothing. I nestled into his touch and closed my eyes.

"You're bea-", I pushed him away before he could finish his sentence.

"You don't get to play with my feelings. In front of Lyra you're this big, bad alpha who hates me but when she's not around you're different! Why do you treat me like this. Is it not enough for you that I am treated like dirt in your pack? What do you want from me? Why can't you just be a loving mate? I swear the moon goddess made a mistake pairing us up. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you! Just leave me alone! ", I shouted with tears in my eyes.

He looked at me sternly.

" I can't give you what you want, Rebecca. I can't show you compassion, I can't whisper sweet things to you at night, I can't show you affection. It's not who I am. Lyra was there for me when no one else was. I can't just get rid of her since you feel insecure. I told you once and I'm telling you again- you are nothing but a liability to me. Do you know what a mate does to an alpha? A mate makes them weak. They can't think straight all they care about is their mate. Everything revolves around their mate. My packs safety is more important than some woman who's only intention is to divert my attention from running a strong pack. ", he boomed. It sent shivers throughout my body.

That cut deep. Insecure? Liability? I'll show him.

"I don't need you. I was just fine before I met you. Why can't you just reject me? We can be done with this whole charade. I expected someone of your caliber to be a good person. I was wrong. All alphas care about one thing and one thing only and that's power. Could you please leave. I have things to do and you standing here and arguing with me doesn't help my situation at all! ", I shouted back.

When I looked back he was gone.

---

I couldn't sleep. When there's a rift between two soul mates chaos causes the rift to grow. The moon goddess made a mistake. Storm told me that Xander had a temper but it never caused him to neglect his pack. He's a strong leader and he does have a heart under all that stone.

She was wrong. He's a monster and monsters don't have a heart.