Awakening

After dinner I went up to bed. I sat in bed and Xander knocked on the door.

"Are you alright? ", he leaned against the wall.

I smiled politely and nodded.

He walked towards the couch.

"You don't have to sleep on the couch-I'm fine. Your back must hurt. You may by all means necessary go to sleep in your room. "
"Mate bond... ", he said almost as if that wasn't all.

I don't know what made me say it. Maybe it was the mate bond or my wolf but like word vomit I spat out- "come sleep here. ", I suggested.

Thinking about it now, I shouldn't have suggested it.

"Are you sure? "

I smiled in agreement and he walked towards me. His bare torso revealing smooth skin and a defined 8-pack.

The bed dipped. "Enjoying the view? ", I didn't realise I was starring.

"I was not looking at you, I was lost in thought. ", I replied with sass. He raised an eyebrow edging me to explain.

I began building a pillow wall that separated the bed in two parts.

"That's what I was contemplating... "

I rolled my eyes.

"Do not role your eyes at me. ", his arms moved to my side of the bed.

"My part of the bed! ", I glared with a smirk and he moved to his side.

"Goodnight, little rogue. "

"Not so little and not very much a rogue now. ", I replied, "goodnight Xander. "

I closed my eyes and drifted of to sleep with the smell of mate calming me down.

-------
The next morning I awoke to an empty bed. I got out of bed in only my T-shirt and went downstairs for some water. Xander and two men were deep in conversation when I walked in.

The two men scanned my legs and Xander looked at me furiously.

"Get upstairs, now! ", he demanded and I ran upstairs. I sat on my bed.

At least I know he cares because he's protective.

Within the next few minutes, Xander stormed into the room and walked towards me. He was infuriated by my sudden appearance downstairs.

"You are not allowed to show your body to anyone but me! You will not wear anything -", he speaks to much.

I kissed him. It was unexpected and he kissed back. His tounge was dominant and my hands grabbed his hair. His hands trailed up and down my back.

I rested my forehead on his chest.

"That was nice ", he said quietly.

I smiled. "You speak to much. "

"You always interrupt me. ", he mocked.

He held me in his arms as I rested my head in his chest. We stood in the room and took each other's scent in.

" I want to perform the Luna ritual. ", he spoke.

I broke free from his arms and looked up at him with wide eyes.

"What! When? Now I'm actually nervous. What if they don't -", my hands were clammy.

"They'll love you. Just relax. We can do it in three days time. ", he smiled softly.

I nodded.

-----
The entire day was boring. Xander was in his office and I was left with nothing to do.