Happy place.

For the omega's quarters this place was beautiful - this entire pack was magnificent. Everyone looked so good! What was in the water here. The omega quarters had everything from a pool to a spa. A spa?

The young omega that gave me clothes approached me. She had blonde hair and brown eyes.
"Luna, Alpha told me about... ", she looked at me awkwardly.
I shifted my weight nervously.
"I'm not a Luna. Call me Rebecca. ", I gave a small smile hoping to reduce the awkward atmosphere between us.

"Ughh! I can't do this. I'm supposed to be a good and quite person. I'm not. My name is Storm. Thank you soo much for putting us on a first name basis. I swear I'm usually not this quiet and awkward. I'm actually really loud and talkative. You like waffles? You look like you like waffles. Are you hungry? ", she blurted out. She seemed like a fun person to be around.

We both blurted out laughing.

"Yes, I love waffles ", I said between laughs.

Storm and I ate waffles and turns out, we have a lot of things in common.

"Lyra? Oh yeah. I hate that bitch. That venditive whore", Storm said when I told her what happened, " you really shouldn't worry. The mate bond will grow stronger. Eventually alpha won't be able to resist you. ", She smirked.

I suddenly frowned and she looked at me with concerned eyes.

"Whats wrong? "She said quietly.

"I want to leave... I want to reject him... he's mean and arrogant. He doesn't care about anyone other than himself.My wolf wants this mate relationship. But I don't... ", I held back a sob and tears.

I really can't... I know I promised Grace but all this drama is so irrelevant and Lyra is petty. Xander hates me so why should I stay. I am not going to be an ill-treated slave to an alpha again... I was emotionally scarred. Alpha Jacob ruined me. I'm unable to trust people.

"Becca... you don't know , do you? " Storm said shocked but in a hushed tone. She was alarmed at my sudden confession. She shuddered.

I gave her a puzzled look of confusion while I fiddled with my fingers.

"Rejecting an alpha is bad... but rejecting the alpha king could bring about a change in the werewolf population. The king could loose himself due to heartbreak. The kingdom will collapse. War will erupt for his throne and many will die...what's worse is you might loose yourself and he will die or seriously hurt himself. ", She said blankly.
Xander dying? Innocent dying... I can't be the one to cause all that pain. I dislike him but I don't want him to die... he's my mate. I can't stand him so I can't stay with him. Why is this so confusing. I'm unable to think straight without having to worry about him. I hate him I hate him...

Do you really hate him? Or are you trying to convince yourself that you do... -Grace said quietly

"I didn't know", I brought my hand to my mouth.

This was too much.

"I think I'll go to bed now. Thank you for everything, Storm.", I hugged her and went to bed.

The next morning I woke up and got ready. Storm gave me some grey sweatpants and a tank top to use. I ate half an apple and was told to meet Lyra in the palace kitchen.

"Finally. I thought you died or something.", Lyra said with her horrible, squeaky voice.

I rolled my eyes and she scoffed.

"Keep up the attitude, whore and a list of chores won't be your only punishment! " she said. Was she threatening me? I know this crusty, little bitch was not just testing me-a rogue. I clenched my fists and stepped towards her.

Rebecca, please - you promised- grace stopped me before I reacted out of rage.

In anger I had almost broken my promise. I took a deep breath and she handed me a list of chores. It was more of a biography. It was so long. She smiled viciously with her bright red lipstick giving off a bitchy impact.

"Be done by 8pm ", she walked away.

I read the list. It said things like : clean alpha's bathroom; scrub the kitchen tiles and vacuum the tv lounge in the palace. The list went on and on and on...

Around 6pm I was done. Tired as a dog wasn't even the expression to use. I went to the Lounge to vaccum and no one was around. I decided to play with the sucky tube. I sucked in part of my shirt and laughed. Then I heard someone clear their throat and I sensed Xander.

I turned around and it was him. He was in his black sweatpants, a grey t-shirt and his hair was slightly wet. He just showered. His defined abs were clearly visible as his shirt was slightly see through.

"Would you stop checking me out? "He said with a smirk.

Oh that devilish smirk. I just want to grab his hair and kis- stop Rebecca!

"I wasn't checking you out. Don't flatter yourself ", I said with sass.

He crossed his arms and leaned against the door way.

"Why are you doing this Xander? "I asked with remorse.

"You should know by now that you and I will never work out. You're a rogue. I'm an alpha. You don't belong here. You belong on the streets... but I'm not going to be the first alpha king to kick his mate out. I know what happens. You're a burden to me. ", his eyes were stone-cold. He was serious.

Burden?
---
Flashback.

"You're worthless! Nothing to me. Your parents are lucky to be dead. They don't have to deal with you", Alpha Jacob shouted. He slapped me and kicked me.

"Please stop! ", I cried out with a bruised face and broken rib. I held my rib cage. I was in so much of pain. I wish it all ends. I don't want to live. I want to die. I want to die. I blinked back tears.

"You're a burden. I hope you die"he spat and kicked me again. He looked at me in disgust . He left- closing the door and leaving me in darkness.

---
Flashback over.

I was tearing. I was not going to cry. Not in front of a mate who didn't want me.

History was repeating itself.

I pushed past him in anger and sadness.
He grabbed my arm but I shrugged it back.

"Rebecca! "He shouted.

I was afraid of him. He's going to hurt me too. While walking away it happened again. My vision blurred and I lost my balance. My head was pounding.

Xander ran towards me and pulled me upright until I was steadily balancing.

"Are you ok? What happened? "He looked concerned. What the hell? He was just telling me how much he hates me and now he's worried about me. I was utterly confused.
I pulled away from him and ran. I ran outside to the plaque. I sat against the fountain and looked at my parent's names. I pulled my knees to my chest and let reality unfold.

This was my happy place in this hell hole. No one was around. I cried and cried and cried until everything hurt. I'm a burden?
"I'm a burden. ", I whispered