Dinner of priorities.

I wore a beautiful black dress that flowed down to my feet. A long slit ran to my mid-thigh. It had fine lace sleeves that extended to my neck. Black seqeuns were scattered around the abdomen of the dress. It hugged my curves - showing of my hour-glass figure. I paired the dress with some plain black high-heeled shoes. I curled my hair and applied some light eventing makeup.

Let's do this - Grace said bravely.

I went downstairs and found Xander waiting for me. I was late by fifteen minutes.

His mouth opened.

"You look beautiful, little rogue. ", he extended his arm out and I took his hand in mine. He kissed my cheek and smiled at me. His eyes lit up.

He wore a dark tuxedo and his hair was done to perfection. Not a strand stood out of place.

"You don't look too bad yourself, Alpha. ", i teased. He looked so fine in the tux. His muscles were hugged and the suit fitted like a glove. He wore a bow-tie. He was fit to be a Kelvin-Klein model.

"It's Xander to you. ", he whispered in my ear seductively.

I shivered from the close proximity. His touch had such an affecton me even when he was barely making contact with my skin.

He smelled like pine trees and the forest - my favourite smell in the whole wide world.

His blue eyes met my green ones.

We stood in front of the closed door and Xander turned to me. He smiled.

"Ready? ", he asked.

I nodded and he looked forward. His face turned from soft and kind to stern and powerful. He had to go in front of his subjects with authority - or else they'll think he's weak.

The sounds behind the door was muffled and very loud.

The guards opened the heavy wooden doors and everyone went silent and stood up. All eyes were on Xander and I.

"They're staring at us. ", I whispered through gritted teeth.

You do realise they have wolf hearing and because they're alphas and lunas they can hear better than other wolves - Grace reminded me.

"You'll get used to it. ", Xander whispered.

There were at least 350 alphas at this dinner. Tomorrow would be worse... it would be more public.

Alphas never bowed to another wolf - even the king, it was considered degrading so they shook hands instead.
People were standing all over the great dining room. The glass table stood in the middle of the room.

People began to mingle and chat about after everyone acknowledged us. Xander took to the middle of the room and cleared his throat. The entire room fell silient as the King began to speak. His voice echoed with power and authority.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Thank you for joining Royal Luna Rebecca and I to celebrate her coronation. Tomorrow this kingdom will have a new queen. I am thankful that everyone could make it. ", He spoke sternly.

As he spoke I realised something... Xander was two different people. He was a loving mate and a strict but fair leader. His voice alone was enough to silence an entire room of important people.

Xander and I walked around the room as people came to greet us.

I never knew we had so many alphas - I greeted all of them and their mates and those who were unmated bought along dates.

"Luna you look lovely. "- one would say.

"You two would lead this kingdom into prosperity. "- the comments kept coming along with the small-talk.