Sleep Now.

He carried me in his arms bridal-style.

"Let's get you cleaned up. ", I cried onto his chest. The blood messed his shirt and arms.

He filled the tub with warm water and slowly undressed me. He unbuttoned my shirt and and let it fall to the grounds. He touched my hips and removed my pants. He put me into the water. The warm water brought me back to my senses. He was oddly calm. Usually seeing your mate naked brought out lust, but given our circumstances he controlled it.

I was unable to move or speak. I just signed my death warrant. Alpha Jacob would come for me now.

He wet a sponge and washed Lyra's blood of my body. There was a silence between us. It wasn't awkward.

He wrapped a white towel around me.

"I'll come back later... when you're ready to talk. ", he said quietly while he headed for the door.

"Wait. ", I whispered and he turned towards me.

"B-Baxtor- Alpha Baxtor was my father and Luna Kathrine - was my mother. I- I didn't kill them.", I stuterred as tears rolled down my cheeks.

He looked at me.

"Rebecca... do you have any idea who did it? ", he knelt down beside me.

"Alpha Jacob. ", I looked at him with fear.

He cupped my cheeks.

"Get some rest... we'll speak about this tomorrow. Okay. "He said softly.

He walked out of the room and I sat on the edge of my bed. The clock ticking broke the silence in the room.

--------

"You told him! You bitch you'll pay! ", he shouted and kicked me in my ribs. His claws dug into my skin and it burned.

Alpha Jacob was clawing his way into my chest.

"Please! Please stop. " I cried out. I tried kicking my way out but his grip on me was so strong.

He kicked and punched and I screamed for help.

I was shaken awake by Xander.

"It was a dream Rebecca. Shhhh. It was a dream. You're safe. ", he was only in his boxers. His abs and muscles where inches away from me.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you. ", I said with my uncontrolled and and inconsistent breathing.

The room was dark. The moonlight lit everything up slightly.

He looked at me with soft eyes for a while and his eyes turned hard as stone again.

He nodded and I say upright.

"What time is it? ", I asked.

"2:15 am. "

I sighed and brought my hand to my forehead.

"You should get to bed. It's very early.", I whispered.

He nodded and went to sleep on the couch in my room.

"Your own room. ", I whisper yelled.

"What if you have another panick attack and wake up the entire pack? I'm thinking about their safety. I don't want them to wake up and have a heart attack. Now go to sleep. ", he spoke aloud.

I felt odd with Xander in the room. Safe but odd.

A few minutes went by...

"Xander? ", I whispered.

"What? ", I said groggily.

"Please don't tell Alpha Jacob... you know my identity... ", I spoke softly but loud enough for him to hear.

"We'll speak about it in the morning. Just go to sleep, Little rogue. "

-------

I tried to sleep but I couldn't. I spoke to Grace for a while and then thought about what happened yesterday.

"Xander, how old are you? ", I whispered.

"25. What part of go to sleep don't to understand? ", he mumbled.

I'm twenty -one. That's not a huge age gap.

I signed my death warrant. I had a bad feeling about the days to come... My life is on the line... so is Xanders.

I just complicate everything and everyone. I wish I could go back to when I was a lone-wolf. Everything was easier then. No rules, no responsibility... no drama.

I could of killed Lyra today. Her blood would have been in my hands. If Grace was with me I'm sure this whole ordeal could have been avoided but it happened and I must live with the consequences of my actions.

Eventually I'm going to have to tell Xander about my past and what happened the day my parents died... I've dreaded revisiting that memory and now I have no other choice but to tell him.