sunset

My heart beat rose and my hands were clammy. My wolf senses kicked in.

"Go to the palace now, Storm. ", I said.

"I'm not leaving you. ", she said. The entire pack was worried and in chaotic state. People were panicking andnruning around. A huge fire grew at the border. The tower was burning and the smoke cloud was large enough for everyone to see. Bits of burned particles and dust floated around the air.

"It's an order! Get Anna and Rylan to safety. I'll meet you there. ", I said.

Something flashed in her eyes. I've never used my Luna tone on her before and I felt bad... but she needed to be safe.

"Xander- what is it? Is it bad? It seems bad enough to cause the entire pack to get shaken up. What's going on? ", I asked through the mind link.

"Rebecca, listen to me carefully. I want you to get the people to safety. Barricade everyone in the palace. Wait for me there. I'm coming. ", he said with an odd and eerie tone.

Something was going to happen I could feel it. I had goosebumps. Everyone around me was panicking and running all over the place, people were crying and some were screaming. They were all shaken up because the Royal pack never experienced such a thing like this before.

"Pack members, Settle down! ", I shouted and used my Luna tone. Everyone stopped freaking out and they began to form a crowd around me.

"I want you all to calmly make your way to the palace. ", I said and a few guards came to my side.

"Whats going on Luna? The siren went on- is the pack under attack? ", a woman asked.
"I don't know whats going on. As soon as I do I'll let you know. ", I knew this was the moment we were all fearing. The moment that will make or break us. The moment the prophecy spoke about.

Everyone began to make their way to the palace slowly.

"Luna, the king demands that you return to the palace with the rest of the people. ", a guard said.

I nodded and went with them to the palace. Everyone had a worried expression on their faces. It's a look I knew all too well. I could feel this presence of uncertainty and cold lingering the corridors of the palace. The people have formed small huddles in the palace and have found comfort in making up stories on what they believe was going on.

I sat on the marble steps and watched them. There were rumours that the rogues have killed of all our guards in the tower - some said that people found humans in the pack and now they've ordered the Navy to attack us. Some ideas where far fetched and ludicrous.

Storm came to me.

"If you bite your nails like that, the people will be even more worried. ", she said. I didn't even realise how much my knees were shaking and just how nervous I was. I was on edge and deep in thought.

"He hasn't said anything. The last he spoke was three hours ago - when the siren first went on. Have you heard from Liam? ", I asked.

She sat beside me and rubbed her eyes. She took a deep breath. She looked pale. We both knew that this was the day the prophecy spoke about... we just couldn't admit it to each other.

"No. ", she brought her palms to her face and took a deep breath. The people were busying themselves with small talk.

Guards situated themselves inside and outside the palace... they did their best to make the palace an impenetrable fortrace.

From where I was sitting I could see the view outside through a huge arched window. Their was an odd silence outside. You'd think it was just a normal day outside, the sun was out and it was a beautiful cloudy day except no one knew that danger was lurking outside and to what extent it reached.