Forever.

I followed Xander into the palace and he turned around and faced me. He didn't have to say anything. I knew I that he needed some time to himself. I gave him a small smile and walked away.

-----

I spent the remainder of that day with Storm. We had girl talk.

"Good lady, tell me something interesting. ", I begged.

Storm was now three months pregnant and cranky as hell.

"I've been picking out names. ", She smiled. She had this motherly glow to her now that she was expecting. Her skin was radiant.

I ogled at her.

"Tell me. ", I demanded excitedly.

"Well... if it's a girl either Anna or Haley... and if it's a boy - Rylan or Xavier. ", she said softly.

"That's beautiful names... it will suit them.", I smiled.

She couldn't help but giggle and then she started crying. I had to hug her and cheer her up. We began to watch some tv to get her mind of things.

She fell asleep halfway through a movie marathon so I left her to sleep. I closed the door behind me and went on my way. I decided to go for a run. It has been a while since I've shifted. I went outside and allowed Grace to take control.

Within a few moments I was running in the forest. My paws left soft thuds on the forest floor. The leaves crunched under my weight. It felt so good to give up control for once and let Grace do all the thinking.

I ran through the trees until the sky turned from orange hues - to purple and all the light was absorbed away by time until it was finally - night.

When I returned to my bedroom the lights was off. I went straight into the shower and began to undress. I let the cool water cascade over my body. My mind was blank. Today was so - strange... I lathred soap all over my body and let the bubbles soak around me.

I put on some jeans and a T-shirt. The door opened suddenly and I jumped.

I brought a hand to my chest.

"Xander, you scared me. ", I controlled my heavy breathing. He gave me a devilish smile.

"What are you up to? ", I raised an eyebrow and put my hands on my hips.

He walked towards me until we were inches apart.

"I'm never going to give up on you, yes sometimes I get mad or upset so I need a minute to cool down, but I'll never abandon you. I love you. ", he kissed me after saying this.

"I love you too. ", I kissed back.
He stopped kissing me and suddenly smiled again. He held out his hand for me to take.

"Come with me? ", he said with a smirk.

My eyes widened.

"Where? ", I asked in surprise. It was so late.

"It's a surprise. Do you trust me. "

"With my life. ", I smiled.

I took his hand and followed him through the palace and up many, many stairs. We laughed and joked around while running through corridors.

We stopped in a tower. He turned to me with a big smile.

We stood in front of a door.I looked at him nervously and he opened the door.

It was a small room with a huge arch window. Before the window stood a huge black telescope. He walked inside and motioned for me to come inside.

I got further into a room and saw a table with some candles and dinner.

"This is a date. ", I blushed.

"It is... ", he began to lead me to the table.

"I'm underdressed. ", I felt slightly odd in my jeans and t-shirt while he wore his usual attire.

I sat down and so did he.

"You are beautiful regardless of what you wear. I look at you and I know... you're worth everything. ", he smiled and I blushed.

"You're making me blush. ", I protested.

"You say that as if you mind. ", he laughed and so did I.

"So, what's the special occasion? ", I asked with a smirk while we began to eat.

"Nothing... I just - I really love you. ", he smiled.

I smiled at his sudden outburst of adoration. Six months ago we were at each other's throats... now we can't stand to be away from each other.

"There's a storm of shooting stars tonight. ", he smiled.

"Hence the telescope. ", I smiled. I woke up and looked through the telescope. The star's were so bright. The heavens shined down on us. I basked in the glory of the moonlight. Xander held me from behind and we gazed into the sky.

His arms wrapped around my waist and his head rested on my shoulder.

"This was pointless. ", Xander said randomly.

I turned around and faced him.

"I wanted to go star gazing with you, but instead of looking at the stars I ended up staring at you the entire night. ", he kissed my cheek.

"Smooth. ", I hugged him while we watched the heavens. The sky freckled with stars. An owl hooted nearby. The moon under siege by stars seemed to lighten the night bringing forth stars that shone and hung in the blackness. The never ending blackness consumed everything. Except the stars which stood out like pebbles in front of a storm.

Xander and I spent the night turning constellations into pictures and talking about our lives before and after we met. It was nice - just talking and kissing occasionally... it was the perfect date.