Verdict

Today is the trial. I've been preparing and I'm on edge.

You'll be fine, Rebecca. Calm down- Grace told me.

I can't calm down. Bryson's life hangs from a loose thread.

If he dies it means that this kingdom has lost all respect for life. They must learn to forgive people and take out the knife from their backs and not hurt those who hurt them with it.

I was entering the courtroom and I sat next to Bryson. His eyes had dark bags under them but they were full of hope. I gave him a confident smile as everyone settled down around us.

As Xander walked in, everyone stood up and bowed. The tension grew thick.

"First order of business, Councilman Vice. ", Xander spoke.

Vice was a very short man with a shiny, bald head.

His face was wrinkled and he looked pale. He flipped a few pages and cleared his throat.

"Luna Rebecca defends a rogue whom she deems innocent. The rogue wandered into pack territory without permission and is facing death. The opposed members of council demand justice. We will open the case with the Kiara Hale. ", he sat down briskly. Everyone sat with their eyes glued onto Kiara.

"Members of the council, King Hale and Luna - we have been receiving reports of rogues committing crimes all over the world. It's only safe that we dispose of this one because we want to protect our wolves.", Kiara said

Xander watched her attentively.

I stood up and took a deep breath.

"How do you know that he had any intention of killing? I know this wolf on a personal level and I can assure you that he means no harm. A wolf with a label is still a wolf. He went with instincts and did what anyone would have done - saved himself and his lover. I know this makes things personal and this is is a court case but, honestly, it's personal when you put a label on someone without even knowing who they are underneath all that skin. ", I replied.

"You fail to understand that laws have been passed. He must be punished.", Kiara spoke, "Every rogue that trespasses must be punished. It is the will of the people that justice is served. "

"I was a rogue who stumbled on pack territory - I have not been punished because of my label. What if my intentions was to harm this pack, would you have killed me then - even if I were your Luna?", I said and everyone thought about this deeply.

"You said it was the will of people to demand justice but will people demand that the life of an innocent man be taken in their name? I think not! ", I said again.

"We wouldn't have killed you because you have diplomatic immunity. ", kiara said.

A member of council stood up. He spoke loudly - "The Luna has a point. We can't go around killing wolves because of a law that was passed before our time. "

Many agreed and many disagreed to him.

"The laws were instated to protect not to disrupt peace. ", kiara defended.

Xander stood up and silenced everyone with the flick of his wrist. Everyone was silent.

"I think times are changing and people are changing as well - therefore it is only fair to change the law - modernise or tweak it if you will. Greatness comes from change. ", he spoke.

"Final verdict - The rogue is free. ", everyone opposed please stand so we may account for your say.

Put of 80 members of council - only 17 stood( including Kiara). Those who stood were either old and resistant to change or they were blinded by labels.

Labels cause you to paint a picture about someone and afterwards you perceive them as their label than who they're actually are.

Bryson stood up and gave me a bright smile.

"Thank you, Luna... I really don't know how to repay you. You've given me a second chance at life... today you showed, friendship, courage and above all hope - change... you will make a fine queen. ", he got down on one knee and bowed.

"I was not going to let a label define you, you've saved my life in the past. It's only fair that I return the favour. ", I smiled.

Bryson was escorted out of the pack by guards.

Kiara came up to me an gave me a fake smile, "Well done, Luna. "she slow clapped.
"Thank you, I guess not everyone lives in the past and believes in killing innocent people. ", I smiled.

I really do not like her.

Later that day I was in my office. Xander knocked on the door and came inside with two glasses and a bottle of champagne.

He opened the bottle and I gleaned at him.
He filled the glasses and handed one and lifted his in the air.

"A toast, to a fine leader, my mate and a brave woman. It takes guts to do what you just did. You made me see a whole new side to this world of ours... You're remarkable and smart. You were able to make an entire council agree with you. You show strong leadership skills. I am so proud of you. ", we cheered and he kissed my cheek.

"I was so nervous the entire time. ", I admitted.

"But you were so strong out there,My love. ", he looked into my eyes and I saw pure adoration and love.

He didn't say anything to me and neither did I. He just kept looking at me with the purest look of love you could give some one.