Chapter 6

“Come again?”

“I hate to repeat myself,” he said boredly. The deadpanning of his face seemed to be his only default expression, along with a tint of rage. It was one of his strategies actually, his poker face was quite outstanding and was very useful when it comes to-well, anything.

“Then can you explain to me exactly why I'm here?” It was no secret that Vanessa was irritated, it practically dripped from each word she spoke, and that bothered Atlas to no end. No matter how much he tried to ignore her, and her feelings, it would always bite him the ass. Making him feel slightly off whenever she was upset. He fucking hated it.

“I rather not waste my time.” He said in uninterested while typing away on his computer. He is indeed a very busy man, being a King and CEO requires for him to be.

“Then I guess you're wasting mine for keeping me here against my own will,” his ears twitched and he did what does best around her, ignoring her to the fullest.

Her scars…his beast reminded him. Atlas sighed and curled up his hands into a loose fist around his pen. Of course, he had almost forgotten why he was in a rampage almost six days ago. Not only was it because of her obvious torture wounds, but it was the urge to want to kill anyone who had even thought about harming her. His father was right, they do need to pay her previous Alpha a visit.

Without a care, Atlas turned his head towards her curvaceous thick figure. She was short, maybe a foot shorter than him, and had smooth honey brown skin. When she wasn't looking, Atlas’s eyes would automatically be on her, shamelessly preserving her stature. It was no secret that he found her more than attractive, his continuous hard-ons and countless self-pleasures proved that. Her short, wavy brown hair reached her sharp jaw, and was mildly wild and untamed, like she had woke up and ran her fingers through it a couple of times and called it a day.

“Sit down,” he coolly demanded. Vanessa raised a brow at him and gently shook her head, “No, I rather stand.” He didn't care, he had a lot of work to do and sitting around arguing with her to stop disobeying him, would waste a shit ton of his time that he unfortunately does not have.

“Fine,” he growled as he closed his eyes, clutching the pen harder, it was amazing to him that it didn't explode all over him yet with the grip he had on it, “who gave you those scars?” Shocked, Vanessa took a surprise step back, only to recover just in time for him to notice.

“That is none of your business.” I mutter lowly, while rubbing my sore arm. Those men did a number on me, dragging me here by my arm like a fugitive. He scoffed loudly and shook his head.

“Either you tell me or I get it out of you one way or another. Your pick.” sighing incredulously, irritated that he would even suggest that I had a choice. Either way he believed that I would tell him, cry in his arms like a wounded child and tell him all about my broken past. Please. I can just vomit thinking about it. I tilted my head faintly, looking at him with jaded eyes. Unlike him, I too, can pretend to not have any interest in life.

“You really believe that I'm going to tell you?” I didn't care anymore. I was in the final stage of lonely grief, and the will to care about my possible death kindly went over my head.

“No.” He said simply. His burning gold ambers sent chills down my spine, as he glared. “I was only giving you a sense of freedom to choose,” he said darkly as he slowly began to walk from behind his desk. Unconsciously, my feet moved slow steps back, “since that's what you want right? Freedom” within the next second, I was twirled around and my back was slammed against his hard front, his hand immediately encircled my throat, yanking my head up until my body made a deep arch.